Kosmos Innovation Centre (KIC) has been adjudged the top prize winner for its exemplary public-private partnerships (P3s) that provide solutions to pressing issues in areas such as: economic development and workforce.
KIC was nominated as one of five finalists for the P3 Impact Awards created by Concordia, the U.S. Department of State’s Office of Global Partnerships, and the University of Virginia Darden School of Business.
The P3 Impact Award was created by Concordia, the University of Virginia Darden School Institute for Business in Society, and the U.S. Department of State's Office of Global Partnerships to recognize public-private partnerships (P3s) that are improving communities and the world in the most impactful ways.
The award seeks to highlight leading practices and actionable insights in the P3 arena. For this award, a P3 refers to any cross-sector collaboration that features public, private, nonprofit, or non-governmental organizations and addresses societal problems.
The Kosmos Innovation Center (KIC) is Kosmos Energy’s flagship social investment program in Ghana.
It uses innovation to create and apply commercial solutions to development challenges, starting with agriculture and so far, six agribusiness startups have been supported over the past three years.
The KIC facilitates the ability of young entrepreneurs, mostly start-ups created out of the challenge, to create and apply commercial solutions to development challenges in the country, starting with agriculture.
Kosmos is an independent oil and gas exploration and production company focused on frontier and emerging markets along the Atlantic Margin.
It has production and development projects offshore Ghana and Equatorial Guinea and large discoveries offshore Mauritania and Senegal.
It also has exploration licences with significant hydrocarbon potential offshore Suriname, Sao Tome and Principe, Equatorial Guinea, Morocco and Western Sahara.
The company’s business principles articulate its commitment to transparency, ethics, human rights, safety and the environment.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Eni, UNIDO partner to help reach SDGs with pioneering public-private cooperation
- Ghana stocks head for 21-month low as banking concerns linger
- PIAC rejects 'poor data quality' excuse for direct negotiation for oil blocks
- Gov’t to introduce financing scheme for Made in Ghana cars
- Bawumia leads gov't's trade, investment delegation to Canada
- Fidelity Bank offers ‘unique customer experience on mobile app’
- Yolanda Cuba joins MTN as Group Chief of Digital & Fintech
- 2019 MOBEX Africa Tech Expo & Innovation Awards launched in Accra
- Induction of Insurance Professionals in Ghana - What to expect?
- Ecobank, Partners provide financial support to 16 medical students
- Johannesburg tops Women Entrepreneur Cities Index
- Ghana still high-risk debt of distress country - IMF/World Bank
- Cowbell to construct 20 boreholes to mark 20th anniversary
- Nestle introduces a new kind of chocolate
- Prove your ability to keep debt at sustainable levels - Terkper challenges gov’t