Kosmos Innovation Centre (KIC) has been adjudged the top prize winner for its exemplary public-private partnerships (P3s) that provide solutions to pressing issues in areas such as: economic development and workforce.
KIC was nominated as one of five finalists for the P3 Impact Awards created by Concordia, the U.S. Department of State’s Office of Global Partnerships, and the University of Virginia Darden School of Business.
The P3 Impact Award was created by Concordia, the University of Virginia Darden School Institute for Business in Society, and the U.S. Department of State's Office of Global Partnerships to recognize public-private partnerships (P3s) that are improving communities and the world in the most impactful ways.
The award seeks to highlight leading practices and actionable insights in the P3 arena. For this award, a P3 refers to any cross-sector collaboration that features public, private, nonprofit, or non-governmental organizations and addresses societal problems.
The Kosmos Innovation Center (KIC) is Kosmos Energy’s flagship social investment program in Ghana.
It uses innovation to create and apply commercial solutions to development challenges, starting with agriculture and so far, six agribusiness startups have been supported over the past three years.
The KIC facilitates the ability of young entrepreneurs, mostly start-ups created out of the challenge, to create and apply commercial solutions to development challenges in the country, starting with agriculture.
Kosmos is an independent oil and gas exploration and production company focused on frontier and emerging markets along the Atlantic Margin.
It has production and development projects offshore Ghana and Equatorial Guinea and large discoveries offshore Mauritania and Senegal.
It also has exploration licences with significant hydrocarbon potential offshore Suriname, Sao Tome and Principe, Equatorial Guinea, Morocco and Western Sahara.
The company’s business principles articulate its commitment to transparency, ethics, human rights, safety and the environment.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Africa Investment Forum exceeds expectations, participants unanimously agree
- GRA imposes customs duty, taxes on duty-free shops effective December 1
- Why Ghana needs a national airline
- Porsche launches third generation Cayenne in Accra
- SoftBank wants to raise $21 billion in one of world's biggest IPOs
- CaB Royale partners KsTU for Autodesk technology, training
- Gold Coast pays 3,000 structured finance customers
- Alibaba Singles Day sales frenzy surpasses records
- If you want to save your life, eat locally-produced poultry
- Africa agribusiness, a $1 trillion business by 2030
- Chemico Ltd introduces new insecticides to fight fall armyworms
- Capitalisation needless if cedi continues to depreciate—Dr. Atuahene
- Introduce agriculture insurance for rice farmers – stakeholders
- Gov’t to broaden tax net, rope in more people
- KMA to upgrade facilities at Rattray Park