If you’ve ever taken a loan from a bank or any financial institution, then you know that paying back is not always easy.
Thankfully, from a high of 30.8 percent in 2017, interest rates are gradually coming down. Latest figures from the Bank of Ghana show the rate as of June 2018 was 27.5 percent.
Below is an infographic detailing the trend of interest rates since 2017.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Over Gh¢600m oil cash unaccounted in 2017, 2018
- Over 1,000 CBG staff storm Accra streets with ‘unique products’
- Barclays Ghana to intensify finance to businesses as it transitions to Absa
- African nations join majority in opposing U.S. blockage at WTO
- Executive Vice President of Golden Star Resources Daniel Owiredu re-assigned
- GPHA management behind serialised protests against MPS deal?
- Trade restrictions close to record levels - WTO
- Esoko to offer data collection software, deployment solution to Liberia
- Kenya signs milestone crude processing deal with oil firms
- We’re not in the business of buying banks – Enterprise Group CEO
- We can’t sit and watch Nigerian retailers break our laws - GUTA
- ADB gives GHȼ100m to support agro-inputs access under PFJ
- Lawrence Agyinsem elected president of Global Network of Export-Import banks
- Impact Investing Ghana launches to catalyze investment for development
- Gov't to deploy 55 mini-grids to communities next year