Some manufacturers who have stood the test of time as well as others who have innovated over the years, would be rewarded at the 2018 edition of Ghana Manufacturing Awards.
The event scheduled to take place on Thursday, May 24 at the Kempinski Gold Coast Hotel, would also celebrate outstanding performance in stewardship, health and safety, corporate social responsibility and innovation in the manufacturing industry.
The Manufacturing Awards, the annual prestigious awards ceremony, celebrates the very best in manufacturing from all aspects of manufacturing industry, sharing landmark work and developments taking place across so many important areas of science, engineering, innovation and technology.
Organisers of the Ghana Manufacturing Awards,“Xodus Communications in a statement noted that: “Industrialization is touted as the way forward for the growth of this country. Clearly, manufacturing contributes a great deal to the GDP, though bedeviled with recurring challenges.”
“Some manufacturers have stood the test of time, others have innovated over the years. We want to celebrate outstanding performance in stewardship, health and Safety, Corporate Social Responsibility and Innovation in the manufacturing industry.
“We believe in Ghanaian manufacturing and its contribution to the economy and community. “We're here to celebrate and salute achievers in the industry," the statement added.
The Awards which have been endorsed by the Ministry of Trade, are entirely inclusive and are open to any individual, company focused on manufacturing, and it cuts across service providers, distributors, financial institutions, insurance, regulators, government agencies and more.
Some of the eminent pacesetters in the manufacturing industry who will be honoured include: Accents & Arts, Asadek Group, Azar Chemical Industries Limited, Bfive Plus, Blow Chem Industries, Coca Cola Bottling Company Limited, Cosmo Seafoods Limited, Daily foods Limited, D.T Engineering, Ghandour Cosmetics, Guinness Ghana Brewery Limited, Inesfly Africa Limited, Interplast, Intelligent Card Production Systems.
Others include Joy Daddy Industries, Kane-em Industries Limited, Kasapreko Company Limited, Keda Ghana Ceramics Company Limited, McHammah Engineering Company Limited, Special Ice Company, Tropical Cables, Unilever Ghana, Universal Label and Packaging Services Limited, Weave Ghana Limited.
The purpose of the Awards among others, is to bring together players in the Manufacturing industry and recognise achievements from local and international companies involved in Manufacturing sector in Ghana.
It also seeks to reward those that have played a defining role in moving the industry forward and demonstrated achievement across a wide variety of domains including sustainability, operational excellence, innovation and others.
Projects and individual achievements that have enabled manufacturers to set themselves apart from their competitors and produced clear and compelling value, return on investment, and other relevant results would be identified as well.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- GES-SIC Life launch insurance policy for teachers
- Western North: Cocoa farmers, landowners meet over controversial lease pact
- Police pick up GUTA executives over trade fracas with foreigners
- US billionaires' group calls for wealth tax
- Vodafone’s unveils new offer that allows you to share data in the family
- Zimbabwe ends decade of dollarisation in new currency reform
- China: Africa projects should be sustainable, denounces criticism
- Foreign MoMo operators must have 30% local participation to secure license – BoG
- Special Prosecutor, CHRAJ to assist PIAC to fight misuse of petroleum funds
- KPMG appoints new Senior Partner
- Gov’t gives boost to livestock industry with 'Rearing for Food and Jobs' programme
- Standard Chartered, GCX sign MoU to support farmers
- Premier picks Health Insurance Brand of the Year 2018
- DVLA, Guinness Ghana roll out new drink-drive module
- Access Bank unveils new logo; targets unbanked population through financial technology