GLICO Group Ltd (GLICO), has been adjudged the “Ghana Insurance Brand of the Year 2018” at the just ended African Marketing Awards (AMA) 2018 held at Movenpick Hotel.
The event saw various organisations and personalities being awarded for their outstanding deployment of various marketing strategies and tools.
GLICO was awarded for its regeneration of their various programmes, introducing new ones and educating people on the benefits of having an insurance.
The Group Head, Corporate Affairs & Marketing, Nana Efua Rockson stated that, “the GLICO brand is a leader in the insurance sector. Sustaining it has been an input of passion for the brand, commitment to the vision of the Executive Chairman Mr. Kwame Achampong –Kyei to bring insurance to the doorstep of every Ghanaian household.”
GLICO brand in 2018 has been revitalised with a series of online and offline activations executed to create a strong brand presence and command.
Offline, GLICO has consistently created awareness of its products on radio stations. It also undertook market activations at selected markets to drive home the need for insurance and to educate the informal sector on reasons to take GLICO micro insurance products “Anidaso (meaning hope) and Edwa Nkosuo (meaning business progression).
Again, 2018 has seen a concerted and well-coordinated marketing promotion of the GLICO Home Owners products across multiple channels. Strongly also, Public Relations has been a cardinal tool of GLICO and key stakeholder engagements have also been deployed to sustain the GLICO brand likability.
Notably among these are media relations including radio and television interviews, press releases and publications in the newspapers, customer engagements events as well as providing excellent customer services and its resultant surveys for continuous improvements.
On the digital scope, GLICO is one of the vibrant and engaged brands on social media when it comes to insurance.
The company redeveloped its (GLICO) websites and introduced digital platforms such as the “M-Agent’ for Micro insurance sales and the “M-Proposal” for GLICO LIFE personal lines sales.
However, GLICO was the only insurance company and brand to be recognized at the awards and as “Ghana’s Insurance Brand of the Year 2018’.
GLICO also signed on to the Starphone App making it the first insurance company for ease of contact using “GLICO”. The GLICO Healthcare App available on Android and ISO was also re-tooled and updated to create convenience for healthcare clients.
Adding on, the GLICO PENSIONS pension’s software has also been redeveloped to make it easy for clients to check their pension’s contributions and accumulation online for informed decisions.
Nana Efua Rockson explained, “the company has been consistent in communications, creating a unique value preposition of trust and transparency, constant exposure of what GLICO does and fair play competitiveness in a fierce competitive financial sector.”
GLICO has validated its brand activities and congeniality by offering value to its clients in the area of promises fulfilled. The true test of insurance is a claim paid and GLICO has left no stone unturned this year to pay all legitimate claims promptly and most often,
GLICO is in its thirty-first year of operations and has grown significantly into a well-known brand. It is currently a Group with six subsidiaries namely: GLICO LIFE, GLICO HEALTHCARE, GLICO PROPERTIES, GLICO CAPITAL, GLICO GENERAL and GLICO PENSIONS, altogether providing innovative and quality insurance/ financial products and services for the Ghanaian people.
More Business Headlines
- Photos: Patrons get results at 2nd JoyNews Habitat Mini Fair
- A $1.6 billion horror as Ghana investors can’t get their savings
- No 100% assurance to depositors with axed Savings and Loans companies
- Nigerian gov't ordered to pay $9bn to private gas firm
- Full List of licensed Savings and Loans companies as at August 16
- Detailed reasons behind BoG closure of Ideal, Women's Bank, Midland, and 18 others
- Book to compliment Africa's efforts to meet economic, cultural needs to be launched
- GN Savings is not only solvent but would be highly liquid if... - Nduom reacts
- Eric Nipah appointed Receiver for insolvent Savings and Loans companies
- Why GN Savings and Loans Company Ltd was closed down
- StanChart cleans up, donates to Accra Rehabilitation Center
- Luv FM's maiden Corporate Groove Flavour hits Kumasi
- South Africa debt 'becoming uncomfortable', but no bailout requested – IMF
- GN Savings and Loans, 22 others closed down
- AWA, ASKY, Ethiopian Airlines partner to bring seamless travel to Ghanaians