Ghana Exim Bank has donated a Yocesan 85 HP Tractor and its accessories worth GHs271, 078 to the Ministry of Food and Agriculture as part of its contribution towards the successful organization of the 34th National Farmers Day celebration in Tamale.
The Tractor is the prize for the 2nd Best Farmer at this year’s event.
Presenting a Dummy Cheque and the Tractor with its accessories at a brief ceremony in Accra, Lawrence Agyinsam, Chief Executive Officer, said the Board and Management of the Bank were delighted and fulfilled to have made such a donation to recognize and reward hardworking farmers and fishermen in the country.
He said that farmers and fishermen deserve more national recognition at this period in our national life to enable them contribute meaningfully to the Government’s Planting for food and Jobs programme.
Mr Agyinsam said the bank through its predecessors ie EDIF and EDAIF, had consistently donated the second prize to symbolizes her unalloyed support to the farmers who produce to feed the nation and more importantly, provide raw materials for factories, stressing, “our mandate is to support and develop, directly or indirectly trade between Ghana and other countries; and we can execute this by financially supporting enterprises to add value to the raw materials and export to generate the needed foreign exchange for national development; Ghana Exim Bank is at the forefront of assisting the Government in its 1D1F programme.”
Mr Agyinsam pledged the Bank’s continuous support to the national programme and wished all the winners well.
Receiving the Tractor on behalf of the Minister of Food and Agriculture, Kennedy Osei Nyarko, Deputy Minister in-charge of Crops, thanked the Management of Ghana Exim Bank for the donation.
He said the value of the donation symbolizes the due recognition and respect that the Bank attaches to the farmers and Fishermen hoped that this support will continue for the benefit of the farmers and fishermen.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- GES-SIC Life launch insurance policy for teachers
- Western North: Cocoa farmers, landowners meet over controversial lease pact
- Police pick up GUTA executives over trade fracas with foreigners
- US billionaires' group calls for wealth tax
- Vodafone’s unveils new offer that allows you to share data in the family
- Zimbabwe ends decade of dollarisation in new currency reform
- China: Africa projects should be sustainable, denounces criticism
- Foreign MoMo operators must have 30% local participation to secure license – BoG
- Special Prosecutor, CHRAJ to assist PIAC to fight misuse of petroleum funds
- KPMG appoints new Senior Partner
- Gov’t gives boost to livestock industry with 'Rearing for Food and Jobs' programme
- Standard Chartered, GCX sign MoU to support farmers
- Premier picks Health Insurance Brand of the Year 2018
- DVLA, Guinness Ghana roll out new drink-drive module
- Access Bank unveils new logo; targets unbanked population through financial technology