Allianz has appointed Gideon Ataraire as Chief Executive Officer of Allianz Life Ghana.
Gideon brings years of experience to the company and has a proven record of taking customer-centric companies like Allianz Life Ghana to the next level.
Until this move, he was the Head of Human Resources and General Services at Allianz Nigeria.
Allianz officially launched its life operations in Ghana in May 2018 with a promise to become the life insurance company of choice for Ghanaians.
Allianz Life is striving to bring the best-in-class life insurance products and services as well as the expertise of the Allianz Group to the Ghanaian market.
As new CEO, Gideon will bring to Allianz Life Insurance Ghana a wealth of experience in people management, building and managing start-ups as well as re-organization.
“Gideon’s appointment is a clear reflection of our company in Ghana’s current mindset: We have hit the ground running and are ready to take the industry by storm! Allianz Life Ghana is poised to make major gains as far as market share, customer service and use of technology are concerned, and we are excited to see what Gideon’s unique experience of managing start-ups will bring,” Regional CEO of Allianz Africa, Coenraad Vrolijk said.
The Allianz Group is one of the world's leading insurers and asset managers with more than 92 million retail and corporate customers.
Allianz customers benefit from a broad range of personal and corporate insurance services, ranging from property, life and health insurance to assistance services to credit insurance and global business insurance.
Allianz is one of the world’s largest investors, managing around 673 billion euros on behalf of its insurance customers.
Furthermore Allianz asset managers PIMCO and Allianz Global Investors manage more than 1.4 trillion euros of third-party assets.
In 2018, over 142,000 employees in more than 80 countries achieved total revenues of 131 billion euros and an operating profit of 11.5 billion euros for the group.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Frimps Oil denies 'cheating' customers
- Leveraging technology for improved living – Jumia shows the way
- AfDB showcases impact of Korean drone technology on agricultural productivity
- Firmus Advisory holds stakeholder engagement for regulatory agencies
- VIDEO: Savings and Loans sector cleanup: To panic or not to panic
- We’re still in business – ECG boss
- Disease lowers Ghanaian cocoa output, processors must import – Sources
- Gov’t commits to funding environment-friendly houses
- No foreign participation in Ghana's ESLA bond - BoG
- Huawei Ghana allays fears about brand future: unveils new Y9 Prime 2019
- Agric ministry triggers interventions to contain reemerging Fall Army Worms
- MTN urges young entrepreneurs to embrace digital marketing
- Trade Minister urges European businesses to establish presence in Ghana
- Dubai Chamber to host 5th Global Business Forum on Africa
- Africa sees increase in foreign investment, bucking global trend