The Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC) foundation has undertaken a rice farm project to help produce the best local rice which meets the Ghana Standard Authority’s (FDA) standards.
According to the Executive Director, Dominic Eduah (PhD), the project is aimed at increasing local rice production for export.
He added that, the rice farm project also intends to adopt a long-term solutions to enable the government achieve its sub-sector goal of becoming self-sufficient in rice production and to improve the livelihood of farmers.
Donating some of the rice to the Parliamentary Select Committee on Mines and Energy, Mr. Eduah praised the farmers for a successful crop season.
The Chairman of the Committee, Hon. Emmanuel Akwasi Gyamfi lauded the initiative and urged the farmers to do their best to reduce rice importation by increasing their production to help achieve the “Ghana beyond aid” agenda.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Em Bartels to elevate communication in corporate Ghana with Elocution 101
- NCA to crackdown on counterfeit mobile devices
- Kwidex wins Betway Fintech Challenge
- Ecobank records sterling performance but defers dividends payment
- Karpowership wins Outstanding Independent Powerplant in West Africa award
- Ghana to recruit more banks to market its domestic bonds
- Fiscal laxity may compel Ghana to rely on IMF – EIU
- MTN Nigeria shares jump on second day of trading
- 2019 MTN Internet Festival launched
- Ghana’s economy to grow by 6.5% - not 7.6% - in 2019 – EIU
- EIU projects further widening of fiscal deficit to 4.6% of GDP this year
- SEC’s ‘high-return investments carry high risks’ argument rubbished
- Most Ghanaian businesses do not travel after life of owners – CEO Summit organizer worried
- Cussons Baby Ghana celebrates mothers in Ghana
- Digital agency banking to drive deposits for CalBank