The Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC) foundation has undertaken a rice farm project to help produce the best local rice which meets the Ghana Standard Authority’s (FDA) standards.
According to the Executive Director, Dominic Eduah (PhD), the project is aimed at increasing local rice production for export.
He added that, the rice farm project also intends to adopt a long-term solutions to enable the government achieve its sub-sector goal of becoming self-sufficient in rice production and to improve the livelihood of farmers.
Donating some of the rice to the Parliamentary Select Committee on Mines and Energy, Mr. Eduah praised the farmers for a successful crop season.
The Chairman of the Committee, Hon. Emmanuel Akwasi Gyamfi lauded the initiative and urged the farmers to do their best to reduce rice importation by increasing their production to help achieve the “Ghana beyond aid” agenda.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Goil vs Total: which has the happier shareholders?
- IFS blames high policy rate on gov't borrowing
- Santol Energy meets ISO international standards
- SC Keyboard: StanChart launches first social banking solution
- MTN ends 2019 21 Days of Y’ello Care programme
- Rawlings backs Frimpong Boateng's call for use of organic-based fertilisers
- Gov't injects fresh capital into banks as bond-sale plan flops
- AirtelTigo launches special offer for Hajj pilgrims
- FBNBank appoints Victor Yaw Asante as new MD in Ghana
- Gov’t urged to implement fiscal electronic devices to meet revenue targets
- Lufthansa resumes flights to Cairo, British Airways stays grounded
- Work begins on KIA Terminal 3 to fix flooding
- Mid-Year Review to focus on revenue generation
- GCNet bags third consecutive Trade Facilitation Org. of the Year Award
- Samsung Ghana unveils new large capacity 2-door fridge, QLED PR TV