Former Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC), Alex Mould says the energy sector needs astute financial management and devoid of politics to run efficiently.
He said, “Energy is a financial play, if you want to be in the energy industry you have to ensure that you have the financial institutions that are backing you. It is absolutory important.”
“So we have to make sure that we have astute financial management in all of these areas; we stop the politics in these areas and let these organizations run like high performing businesses.”
Mr Mould was speaking on the Business Edition of PM Express on JoyNews on Multi TV Thursday night.
He believes the institutions in the energy sector should be run by competent teams and not based on party colours.
Mr Mould also adds that this would boost the credibility of institutions when seeking support from financial institutions.
Watch the video below:
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Huawei takes trade war into uncharted territory
- ENGIE to operate, maintain one of the largest data centers in West Africa
- Cultivation of 200-acre avocado plantation begins in Abuakwa under 1D1F
- Gov't commissions $2.3m-electrification project in Eastern Region
- Phase 2 of Ghana Gas-WAPCO interconnectivity nears completion
- Data privacy serious concern for advertisers – IAA World President
- Govt, EU hold forum to boost investments, jobs in Ghana
- Coca-Cola ends plan to refranchise Africa bottling unit, keeps majority stake
- Bill to increase funding for research, development nears parliamentary approval
- Gov't urges CEOs to support SDG Delivery Fund
- High non-performing loans undermine low policy rate – BoG Governor
- Boosting Ghana's domestic tourism sub-sector, the way forward
- Customs offers importers big deal
- Uncertainty over 2020 elections to pressure cedi - EIU
- Vodafone promises ‘solid support’ for Ghana music despite ‘unfortunate’ VGMA brawl