Former Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC), Alex Mould says the energy sector needs astute financial management and devoid of politics to run efficiently.
He said, “Energy is a financial play, if you want to be in the energy industry you have to ensure that you have the financial institutions that are backing you. It is absolutory important.”
“So we have to make sure that we have astute financial management in all of these areas; we stop the politics in these areas and let these organizations run like high performing businesses.”
Mr Mould was speaking on the Business Edition of PM Express on JoyNews on Multi TV Thursday night.
He believes the institutions in the energy sector should be run by competent teams and not based on party colours.
Mr Mould also adds that this would boost the credibility of institutions when seeking support from financial institutions.
Watch the video below:
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Gov’t urged to implement fiscal electronic devices to meet revenue targets
- Lufthansa resumes flights to Cairo, British Airways stays grounded
- Work begins on KIA Terminal 3 to fix flooding
- Mid-Year Review to focus on revenue generation
- GCNet bags third consecutive Trade Facilitation Org. of the Year Award
- Samsung Ghana unveils new large capacity 2-door fridge, QLED PR TV
- Ghana finds no cocoa buyers in first offer since $400 premium
- Ghana, Cote d'Ivoire resume sale of cocoa beans
- UBA unveils marketing platform for entrepreneurs
- BoG keeps policy rate at 16%
- Electric car models to triple in Europe by 2021
- Boeing to take $4.9bn hit in second quarter on 737 Max grounding
- Ghana's debt now GHS200 billion
- Gov’t urged to formulate new tax compliance rules for increased revenue
- Vodafone talks private sector relevance in SDGs at UN Forum