After recording a slow growth for the year 2018, Ghana's economy is expected to pick up strongly on the back of Agric and oil and gas productio, according to the World Bank Pulse Report .
The World Bank is projecting a stronger growth rate of 7.6 per cent, a marginally higher rate from the projected rate of 7.2 per cent by the government.
According to the World Bank, Ghana will be recording a rebound in Agricultural growth due to the policy initiatives introduced by the government to boost food production.
Senior Economist at the World Bank Ghana office, Kwabena Gyan Kwakye explains “Coming from a lower growth rate for 2018, we're expecting a strong pick up in the economic growth looking at some incoming improvements in the non-oil sector.”
Mr Gyan Kwakye added, “Apart from oil production, we are expecting higher growth in mining and government policies on agricultural which are being introduced to improve the food Security of the country”.
The rate of growth for 2018 according to the Bank has been slow as compared to the rate in 2017.
Meanwhile, the economic team of the African Pulse Report has been advising governments in sub-Sahara Africa to take a critical look at growth in the industrial sector.
Also, growth in sub-Saharan Africa has been downgraded to 2.3 per cent for 2018, a fall from the 2017 growth of 2.7 per cent according to the report.
The report also noted that economic growth remains below population growth for the fourth consecutive year.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Factory pollution: EPA shuts down one factory, one other still operating
- Nominees for GUBA Awards USA 2019 announced
- Ghana Post GPS, McDan Shipping, Others honoured at Ghana Shippers Awards 2019
- Free Zones Authority holds 2019 investment promotion in China
- New Dubai Chamber website provides key business insights
- IMF places Ghana on Post Program Monitoring as debt reaches over $1bn
- New face of the Bank of England's £50 note is revealed
- Zimbabwe’s inflation hits 175% in June
- U.S. proposes barring big tech firms from offering financial services, digital currencies
- GT Bank named best bank in Africa at Euromoney Awards
- AfCFTA to create investment hub – Ofori-Atta
- Triciabiz launches online business school for African entrepreneurs
- Guinness launches ‘Y3n Nyin Mbom’ promo to boost customers’ profitability
- PZ Cussons launches season 2 of Baby Moments Competition
- Former staff of Heritage Bank accuse Receiver of cheating them on exit package