British model and businesswoman, Naomi Campbell has expressed interest to lead a group of investors into the country to scout for business opportunities.
This follows a recent discussion between the model and the Ghana Investment Promotion Centre, GIPC during the World Economic Forum in Davos.
According to the Chief Executive Officer of the GIPC, Yofi Grant, the move when successful will see the model establish a business in the country which can serve other parts of the world.
“She is a very well connected businesswoman, through her I met some investors who are looking at other opportunities to explore in the country and also to put Ghana up on the World map.”
Yofi Grant was hopeful that the move is due to the favourable economic condition created by the government in the last two years.
“I am very hopeful and that is why I say, there is a bright future for every young man in this country looking at how the country is performing on the world stage and the various improvements we have made in our economic indicators” he added.
He made the disclosure in an interview with JoyBusiness after addressing a short ceremony to launch the 4th Ghana CEOs Summit in Accra.
About four hundred business executives and CEOs are expected at the event under the theme ‘Futuristic economy: technology-driven future of business and governance for economic transformation.’
Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana CEOs Network, organizers of the event, Ernest De-graft Egyir hinted that the summit will set the pace in the development of the roadmap for solving many of the technological challenges faced by the modern Chief Executive.
“Some questions which the summit seeks to provide answers to include the role of the modern CEO, how can government develop policies to meet the growing demand of the modern economic environment and among others” he noted.
More Business Headlines
- Next 10 years critical to finalizing obstacles hampering single market - AU
- Customers of insolvent S&L companies decry 'unclear' validation forms
- Jack Daniel’s to boost local market share with Accra Street Music Festival
- MTN set to rollout $20 smartphone
- Menzgold is not a Ponzi scheme, customers not greedy
- Risks to growth 'increasing by the day' - AfDB
- AirtelTigo takes lead with ‘no expiry’ voice and data bundles
- Depositors of insolvent S&L companies will receive all their funds- Receiver
- Gov’t does not owe GN Savings and Loans – BoG reacts to viral claim
- S&L cleanup: Payment of depositor’s claims to begin before end of August
- Savings and Loans sector cleanup: BoG approach should have been less destructive
- GRA staff urged to abide by codes of conduct
- Photos: MTN Heroes of Change receive awards
- Photos: Patrons get results at 2nd JoyNews Habitat Mini Fair
- A $1.6 billion horror as Ghana investors can’t get their savings