President Nana Akufo-Addo says he is determined to lay a strong foundation for the progress of the country by the end of his first term.
Addressing Parliament on Thursday, February 21 on his third State of the Nation address, the President said his administration’s focus is not about winning the next election but rather, for the generation unborn.
He said, “I am bent on running a responsible administration mindful of the next generation and not the next election.”
On the economy, President Akufo-Addo acknowledged that the government’s efforts at ensuring fiscal discipline “is bearing some fruits.”
The debt to GDP ratio he noted, has declined while inflation has also dropped.
“We will maintain the discipline and bring progress to our country,” he assured, indicating that the government’s main focus is to ensure a sound economic fundamental to speed up growth.
Watch the video below:
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Ghana, Ivory Coast lift ban on cocoa sales
- GIFEC, GSMA, Vodafone to connect rural communities to internet
- Take Pension Serious – NBC Ghana Trust boss charges Ghanaians
- ABL ends Retailer Development Program
- Aker Energy’s IPO may be in late 2019 or 2020 - CEO
- StarLife CEO named among Female Trailblazers in African insurance industry
- Eni, UNIDO partner to help reach SDGs with pioneering public-private cooperation
- Ghana stocks head for 21-month low as banking concerns linger
- PIAC rejects 'poor data quality' excuse for direct negotiation for oil blocks
- Gov’t to introduce financing scheme for Made in Ghana cars
- Bawumia leads gov't's trade, investment delegation to Canada
- Fidelity Bank offers ‘unique customer experience on mobile app’
- Yolanda Cuba joins MTN as Group Chief of Digital & Fintech
- 2019 MOBEX Africa Tech Expo & Innovation Awards launched in Accra
- Induction of Insurance Professionals in Ghana - What to expect?