President Nana Akufo-Addo says he is determined to lay a strong foundation for the progress of the country by the end of his first term.
Addressing Parliament on Thursday, February 21 on his third State of the Nation address, the President said his administration’s focus is not about winning the next election but rather, for the generation unborn.
He said, “I am bent on running a responsible administration mindful of the next generation and not the next election.”
On the economy, President Akufo-Addo acknowledged that the government’s efforts at ensuring fiscal discipline “is bearing some fruits.”
The debt to GDP ratio he noted, has declined while inflation has also dropped.
“We will maintain the discipline and bring progress to our country,” he assured, indicating that the government’s main focus is to ensure a sound economic fundamental to speed up growth.
Watch the video below:
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Gov't through FDA rallies supermarkets to promote locally produced goods
- Billionaire banker David Rockefeller dies aged 101
- Accra Mall launches Family Club to reward families
- Google regrets 'minor glitch' that caused cedi to plummet
- Fidelity Bank outdoors digital branch at KNUST
- Cedi depreciation will be credit negative for Ghana banks – Moody’s warns
- Alliance of Young Entrepreneurs pays familiarisation visit to NBSSI
- Airtel Nigeria in talks with NSE for listing on Nigerian Stock Exchange
- $1.3 trillion and 7,000 finance jobs leaving Britain because of Brexit
- Uber to list on New York Stock Exchange' for stock listing
- Africa World Airlines denies ordering aircraft from COMAC
- Gov’t to double exports by end of 2019 – Carlos Ahenkorah
- Big banks are using AI to keep out of trouble
- World Bank Africa Vice President heads to Ghana for 3-day working visit
- Republic Bank, Vodafone Ghana partner on mobile money transactions