President Nana Akufo-Addo says he is determined to lay a strong foundation for the progress of the country by the end of his first term.
Addressing Parliament on Thursday, February 21 on his third State of the Nation address, the President said his administration’s focus is not about winning the next election but rather, for the generation unborn.
He said, “I am bent on running a responsible administration mindful of the next generation and not the next election.”
On the economy, President Akufo-Addo acknowledged that the government’s efforts at ensuring fiscal discipline “is bearing some fruits.”
The debt to GDP ratio he noted, has declined while inflation has also dropped.
“We will maintain the discipline and bring progress to our country,” he assured, indicating that the government’s main focus is to ensure a sound economic fundamental to speed up growth.
Watch the video below:
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Opportunity International drives financial literacy in rural communities
- AirtelTigo partners Huawei to boost smartphone usage with free data
- Africa's no. 1 bank says Lonmin Investors should reject bid
- Entervarsity launches platform to aid students' search on courses
- VIDEO: Review of Ghana’s home ownership, mortgage space
- Court orders arbitration on uniBank
- Stratcomm Africa CEO inspires young Women in PR Ghana
- Facebook plans to launch 'GlobalCoin' currency in 2020
- Unilever Ghana records 296% increase in profits for 2018
- Senegal imports turbines for West Africa's first big wind farm project
- Six oil exploration blocks up for grabs in Voltaian basin
- Stakeholders urge GNPC to be more transparent with crude oil trade
- 200 Muslim households benefit from Karpowership Ramadan donation
- Three Ghanaians complete Inlaks Graduate Development Programme in Lagos
- GOIL grows profits by 26% in 2018