Vodafone Ghana has been voted the “PR Organisation of the Year” in the telecoms sector at the 7th Institute of Public Relations (IPR) Excellence Awards.
The event, held in Accra, settled on Vodafone for its consistent and masterful delivery of key messages and activities using modern and effective PR tools.
The telecoms company has been an undisputed thought-leader in the industry, with Chief Executive Yolanda Cuba, entrenched as the face for the promotion of a digital revolution in Ghana, leaving no-one behind.
Vodafone won two other awards - Best Promotional Event and Best In-House PR team – at the event held at the La Palm Beach Hotel.
This year’s IPR Awards theme - “Deriving Value from Values: attest of Corporate Governance,” - aimed at honouring and generating public recognition for the achievements and positive contributions of Public Relations departments in reputable organisations in the country.
Gayheart Mensah, External Affairs Director at Vodafone Ghana said: “these awards are a reinforcement of our commitment to using innovative and creative platforms to communicate with our key audiences. Communications and PR play a vital role in our business transformation and we shall remain consistent in implementing strategies that will enable us build goodwill amongst our stakeholders.”
The External Affairs Director noted that the awards affirm Vodafone’s position as the preferred telecommunications network that continues to shape the industry.
The Institute of Public Relations (IPR) is the sole professional body for Public Relations practitioners in Ghana. It exists to provide professional development, structure and the requisite recognition for the practice of Public Relations across the country.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Upper West: 1,022 bags of maize harvested under PFJs
- Gov’t, Labour agree to build consensus on dev’t issues
- Ofori-Atta steers World Bank/IMF Development Committee on global dev't issues
- Airports Company considers reserving Terminal 2 for home-based carrier
- Gov't working to reduce aviation fuel, other airline taxes
- GNPC Foundation produces best ever local rice
- Good or bad? GUTA, AGI disagree on reduction of import duties
- Emirates rolls out special Easter menus
- Today's students are 'irrelevant' to tomorrow’s market - Ken Thompson
- Old Mutual Ghana rewards top performing staff with trip to Zaina Lodge
- Pay your taxes to ensure success of Ghana Beyond Aid policy – GRA official
- PDS blames GRIDco for Thursday’s intermittent power outages
- GRA to introduce electronic Vehicle Income Tax payment
- Aviation Ministry details why KIA is not for sale
- World's most miserable economy has seven-figure inflation