Total Petroleum Ghana Ltd has opened its third solar-powered station in Kumasi as part of its commitment to developing solar energy through cutting-edge technology.
The Total Mile 4 service station which is also the very first of its kind in the Ashanti Region, has 50 solar panel installation with about 16.35 kWp of power production.
This service station is an ultramodern one with a convenient shop, forecourt and a lube bay for efficient vehicle servicing.
Speaking on the project, the Managing Director of Total Ghana, Eric Fanchini said that the installation of the solar system is expected to contribute to the reduction of the site’s carbon footprint.
Since the company inaugurated the Tema Main Harbour solar service station in July 2018 and the second solar station at Takoradi Airport Junction service station in November 2018, it has been able to save up on electricity cost, harnessing the potential of solar energy.
The three solar-powered stations were constructed and maintained by local engineers and solar experts.
The company believes that the way to consolidate its social operating license is to share expertise with the local skilled force and to listen to stakeholders.
“As a responsible industrial player, Total Petroleum Ghana takes action to develop new energies that are efficient and environmentally friendly.” This, Mr Fanchini said is equally central to the modernization of our service stations to bring convenience and quality products and services to customers.
In addition to the solar station, the company introduced solar kiosks to selected service stations in 2018 to provide easy access to phone charging and wifi connection.
The company started the wave of renewable energy in 2015 with the introduction of 100% solar lamps which are accessible at all Total service station shops nationwide.
Total Petroleum Ghana, which was adjudged Brand of the Year at the Ghana Energy Awards, will continue to show its leadership strength in investing and improving the standard of its stations for the benefits of customers and the general public.
Total Petroleum Ghana Limited is a locally listed oil marketing company with over 4700 Ghanaian shareholders.
The company has a retail network of 251 service stations across the ten regions of the country with activities spanning the Aviation, Bitumen and Mining businesses.
The company provides expertise on engine performance and reduction in fuel consumption through premium quality fuels, lubricants and car care products.
Total Petroleum Ghana Limited is ISO 9001:2015 certified and its respect for quality, standards, achievements and safety has propelled it to the forefront of the Ghanaian Petroleum Industry.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- 3rd China Trade Week opens in Accra
- Ecobank named ‘Best Retail Bank in Africa’
- HK billionaire to pay $14m in tuition fees for Chinese students
- MP calls for increased investment in renewable energy
- Dalex rewards top performing sales staff with trip to Dubai
- Ghana’s economy grew by 6.7% in Q1 of 2019
- Tullow beefs up security on FPSO Kwame Nkrumah after man jumps overboard
- ‘They can’t be bothered’ – SEC accused as millions get locked up in troubled firms
- The world now has three people worth more than $100bn each
- Boeing ends sales drought, announcing first new airplane orders in three months
- West African countries resolve to improve maritime safety
- Farmers commend government on floor price for cocoa
- Savings and Loans sector cleanup to start before September - Finance Minister
- Baker Hughes commended for supporting Accelerated Oil and Gas Capacity programme
- Central Bank Governors in West Africa commit to 2020 deadline for common currency