Total Petroleum Ghana Ltd has opened its third solar-powered station in Kumasi as part of its commitment to developing solar energy through cutting-edge technology.
The Total Mile 4 service station which is also the very first of its kind in the Ashanti Region, has 50 solar panel installation with about 16.35 kWp of power production.
This service station is an ultramodern one with a convenient shop, forecourt and a lube bay for efficient vehicle servicing.
Speaking on the project, the Managing Director of Total Ghana, Eric Fanchini said that the installation of the solar system is expected to contribute to the reduction of the site’s carbon footprint.
Since the company inaugurated the Tema Main Harbour solar service station in July 2018 and the second solar station at Takoradi Airport Junction service station in November 2018, it has been able to save up on electricity cost, harnessing the potential of solar energy.
The three solar-powered stations were constructed and maintained by local engineers and solar experts.
The company believes that the way to consolidate its social operating license is to share expertise with the local skilled force and to listen to stakeholders.
“As a responsible industrial player, Total Petroleum Ghana takes action to develop new energies that are efficient and environmentally friendly.” This, Mr Fanchini said is equally central to the modernization of our service stations to bring convenience and quality products and services to customers.
In addition to the solar station, the company introduced solar kiosks to selected service stations in 2018 to provide easy access to phone charging and wifi connection.
The company started the wave of renewable energy in 2015 with the introduction of 100% solar lamps which are accessible at all Total service station shops nationwide.
Total Petroleum Ghana, which was adjudged Brand of the Year at the Ghana Energy Awards, will continue to show its leadership strength in investing and improving the standard of its stations for the benefits of customers and the general public.
Total Petroleum Ghana Limited is a locally listed oil marketing company with over 4700 Ghanaian shareholders.
The company has a retail network of 251 service stations across the ten regions of the country with activities spanning the Aviation, Bitumen and Mining businesses.
The company provides expertise on engine performance and reduction in fuel consumption through premium quality fuels, lubricants and car care products.
Total Petroleum Ghana Limited is ISO 9001:2015 certified and its respect for quality, standards, achievements and safety has propelled it to the forefront of the Ghanaian Petroleum Industry.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- RE: Telcos asked to stop sale of sim cards on the streets
- MTN Ghana enhances data experience for customers with 4G+ service
- Nothing in life happens by chance – MTN boss tells youth
- Ghana benefiting from hedged gold prices
- Cedi records marginal appreciation against dollar after weeks of sustained depreciation
- Huawei defies global troubles with accelerating sales growth
- Gov’t urged to introduce legislation to regulate social enterprising
- Christian businessmen can stick to Godly principles and still be successful – T.D Jakes
- Telcos asked to stop sale of sim cards on the streets
- 1D1F: Petersfield & Rey, CASA de Ropa start production
- Cabinet approves Downstream Petroleum Policy
- Gov’t receives €40m grant to promote investments, job creation
- Dutch businesses explore investment opportunities in Ghana’s horticulture sector
- COCOBOD money not solution to free falling cedi – Bentil
- We will bring back the past status of farmers - Dr Akoto