Former Managing Director of Old Mutual Life Assurance Company and Old Mutual Pension Services Company, in Malawi, has been appointed as the new head of Old Mutual Ghana.
Tavona Biza has worked for Old Mutual for 10 years, during which time he held various roles in the Group’s Zimbabwean, South African and Malawian businesses.
Mr. Biza helped to position Old Mutual as the leading life insurer in Malawi.
He is a Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries UK and holds MBA from the University of Cape Town, among other academic and professional qualifications.
Mr. Biza has also held various industry positions, including President of the Life and Pensions Association and the Actuarial Society.
Jonas Mushosho, CEO of Old Mutual Rest of Africa on behalf of the board, executive management and employees of Old Mutual Ghana extended a welcome to Mr. Biza and wish him well in his new role.
“His in-depth business experience will contribute significantly to leading our efforts to grow the Old Mutual Ghana business, strengthen our strategic partnership with Ecobank and service the financial needs of our Ghanaian customers,” Mr. Mushosho added.
Old Mutual Ghana is a licensed insurance provider of short term and life insurance products.
It is a subsidiary of Old Mutual Limited, headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa. Old Mutual Limited has more than 28 000 employees and 10 million customers across the African continent.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- MTN Group appoints Oyebowale Akideinde Head OTT Music Services
- Key Soap rewards loyal consumers at Promo Baako Pe 2018 grand finale
- Nigeria hits oil majors with billions in back taxes
- South Africa's Eskom bailout could reach $10.79 billion
- Financial Stability Advisory Council a step in the right direction - Banking consultant
- VIDEO: SONA 2019 - What President Akufo-Addo said on the economy
- Allow us to advertise – Medical directors urge regulator
- Anglogold Ashanti supports small scale industries with maiden trade show in Obuasi
- New Suzuki Ciaz, Suzuki Vitara models unveiled
- NCA revokes Expresso's operating licence
- ECG takeover to happen Feb. 27
- SONA 2019: Govt to launch National Automotive Policy in March
- Ghana needs $2bn agro, industry investment to stabilise cedi
- Jubilee House to be powered by Solar energy from August
- Tax exemption policy growing menace to fiscal stability, revenue generation – Akufo-Addo