Malaysian International Direct Selling Company, IMMERI Group of Companies, has selected Ghana as its first African subsidiary as it targets 20,000 indirect jobs by the end of 2019.
Country Manager for IMMERI Ghana, Daniel Annan is hopeful this Direct Selling Initiative by the company would help create these jobs.
According to him, “With wholesalers and distributors coming onboard, we are looking at creating more than 20,000 indirect jobs by year’s end”.
Chairman and CEO of IMMERI International, Lau Chong Guan, at a press briefing explained that the choice of Ghana is based on the economic stability and overall ease of doing business.
“We chose Ghana among other African economies because this country is doing well economically and various business regulations are yielding positive effects,” he revealed.
Diversifying its business reach into the pharmaceutical sector, IMMERI Ghana Limited has strategized to invest heavily in health and wellness through its range of products – Adwelle (for gut cleansing, weight management), Vitide (for muscle growth) and Vaginne (for women’s reproductive health).
On his part, Deputy Health Minister, Kingsley Aboagye Gyedu, said the coming on board of IMMERI does not only add on to investments into Ghana’s health sector but also creates job opportunities for the teeming unemployed.
“Health and wellness is a fast-rising industry of today. Everybody wants to be healthy so why not combine both? Focus on your health and at the same time be open to business opportunities,” he stated.
IMMERI is a fast growing Direct Selling Company headquartered in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia and Qingdao, China.
With a market presence in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia and Ghana, the total turnover of the company has surpassed $200 million in the past financial year.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Over 1,000 CBG staff storm Accra streets with ‘unique products’
- Barclays Ghana to intensify finance to businesses as it transitions to Absa
- African nations join majority in opposing U.S. blockage at WTO
- Executive Vice President of Golden Star Resources Daniel Owiredu re-assigned
- GPHA management behind serialised protests against MPS deal?
- Trade restrictions close to record levels - WTO
- Esoko to offer data collection software, deployment solution to Liberia
- Kenya signs milestone crude processing deal with oil firms
- We’re not in the business of buying banks – Enterprise Group CEO
- We can’t sit and watch Nigerian retailers break our laws - GUTA
- ADB gives GHȼ100m to support agro-inputs access under PFJ
- Lawrence Agyinsem elected president of Global Network of Export-Import banks
- Impact Investing Ghana launches to catalyze investment for development
- Gov't to deploy 55 mini-grids to communities next year
- BoG to announce new capital requirement for MoMo operators