Vivo Energy Ghana, the marketers and distributors of Shell-branded products and services has appointed Ben Hassan Ouattara as Managing Director, effective 1st January, 2019.
Mr. Ouattara takes over from Mr. Ebenezer Faulkner, whose term of office ended in December 2018.
Prior to his appointment, Mr. Ouattara was the Managing Director of Vivo Energy Côte d’Ivoire, and the Chief Executive Officer of SIFAL Lubricant Blending Plant, where he provided thought leadership and operational guidance for the efficient management of these businesses.
Mr. Ouattara brings on board over 25 years of experience in the downstream oil and marine businesses. He was a Naval Commander of Offshore Logistic Support Base and the Captain of Oil Tankers across European and African coasts before joining Shell in 2003 as the Marine Technical Advisor for West Africa.
He was later appointed the Shell Group Lead Auditor and following the acquisition of Shell’s downstream businesses by Vivo Energy, he was appointed Vivo Energy’s Head of Marine and Aviation Business for Africa.
In his previous role as the Managing Director of Vivo Energy Côte d’Ivoire, he sustained a strong focus on delivery of results which has since grown and developed the Côte d’Ivoire, business.
Mr. Ouattara is a results-oriented, self-motivated and resourceful Managing Director with a proven ability to develop and strengthen teams in order to maximise company profitability and efficiency.
In an interview, Mr. Ouattara remarked “I am excited about the opportunity to serve in Ghana and look forward to working with the great team that has built a strong and reputable brand over the past 90 years in the oil marketing industry. I hope to contribute meaningfully in helping achieve Ghana’s vision of becoming the petroleum hub for the West African sub-region.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Over 1,000 CBG staff storm Accra streets with ‘unique products’
- Barclays Ghana to intensify finance to businesses as it transitions to Absa
- African nations join majority in opposing U.S. blockage at WTO
- Executive Vice President of Golden Star Resources Daniel Owiredu re-assigned
- GPHA management behind serialised protests against MPS deal?
- Trade restrictions close to record levels - WTO
- Esoko to offer data collection software, deployment solution to Liberia
- Kenya signs milestone crude processing deal with oil firms
- We’re not in the business of buying banks – Enterprise Group CEO
- We can’t sit and watch Nigerian retailers break our laws - GUTA
- ADB gives GHȼ100m to support agro-inputs access under PFJ
- Lawrence Agyinsem elected president of Global Network of Export-Import banks
- Impact Investing Ghana launches to catalyze investment for development
- Gov't to deploy 55 mini-grids to communities next year
- BoG to announce new capital requirement for MoMo operators