Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP), a leading independent global infrastructure investor, today announced that Dr. Jim Yong Kim, who has been President of the World Bank since 2012, will join GIP as a Partner and Vice Chairman on February 1, 2019.
The Chairman and Managing Partner of GIP, Adebayo Ogunlesi said, “The leadership and vision that Dr. Kim brought to the World Bank as well as his prior roles as President of Dartmouth College and Director of the World Health Organization’s HIV/AIDS Department speak for themselves.”
Adebayo Ogunlesi added, “Dr. Kim’s broad knowledge base along with his first hand, comprehensive experience of working with governments and institutions around the world will provide very valuable insights.
In addition, his previous involvement with infrastructure and the emerging markets and his expertise in environmental, social and corporate governance issues will further expand the capabilities of the broad and diverse GIP leadership team. We are indeed pleased to welcome Dr. Kim to GIP. ”
Dr. Kim said, “My previous experiences and recent years working at the World Bank have been rewarding efforts that have demonstrated how vital infrastructure development has become to the world. I truly welcome the opportunity to work with GIP to be a part of furthering this broad and critically important global mission.”
About Global Infrastructure Partners
Global Infrastructure Partners ("GIP") is an independent infrastructure fund manager that invests in the equity and credit of infrastructure assets and businesses.
GIP targets investments in OECD and select emerging market countries in single assets and portfolios of assets and companies in power and utilities, natural resources infrastructure, air transport infrastructure, seaports, freight railroad, water distribution and treatment and waste management. GIP has offices in New York, London and Mumbai, with an affiliate in Sydney and portfolio company operations headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Video: Alhassan Andani makes startling revelation on banking crisis
- Banking crises: We are out of the woods –Stanbic’s Alhassan Andani
- Why the economy grows but jobs are not – Stanbic MD has answers
- Gold gains to near highest since 2013
- African Engineers converge in Tunis for conference on Food Security
- CBG pays out GH¢2bn to depositors, MFIs from bonds
- 'Solar is cheap, don’t be deterred by upfront cost'
- Consolidated Bank launches ‘We Stand With You’ tagline to affirm brand promise
- Absa named Africa’s Best Investment Bank
- 2nd Women in Tourism summit launched
- Allianz Ghana launches micro-insurance policies for informal sector
- Group CEO of Special Investment is 2019 EMY Africa Man of the Year
- Former Barclays chief John Varley cleared of fraud charges
- ACEP okays upward adjustment in electricity tariffs
- Law barring foreigners from retail trade unenforceable – Lawyer