The Chief Executive Officer of StarLife Assurance, Kakra Duffuor-Nyarko has been named as one of the Female Trailblazers in the African Insurance Industry at the 46th African Insurance Organization Conference in South Africa.
Mrs Duffour-Nyarko’s leadership has overseen the design and roll-out of innovative life insurance products like the Ultimate Protection Plus, Child Lifeline Plus and more which continue to give Ghanaians financial freedom and a better life.
As a trailblazer and a young role model, she is passionate about grooming and empowering young females especially those in the sphere of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Actuarial Science.
The StarLife boss has over 10 years’ experience in the Ghanaian and international insurance industry.
Mrs Duffuor-Nyarko is a fellow of the Actuarial Society of Ghana and the first and only female Actuary in Ghana. She is also a qualified fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (UK).
About the conference
The 46th Conference and Annual General Assembly of the African Insurance Organisation took place in Johannesburg, South Africa from the 9th to 12th of June, 2019.
The Conference was organized by the Insurance Institute of South Africa (IISA), under the chairmanship of Thokozile Mahlangu, Chief Executive Officer of IISA.
The Theme of the Conference was: “Insurance Penetration in Africa: Insuring the Uninsured.”
The 45th edition was organized in Ghana last year at the Labadi Beach Hotel.
The African Insurance Organisation (AIO), established in 1972, is a non-governmental organisation recognised by many African governments. Following the headquarters agreement the government of Cameroon signed with the organisation, the Permanent Secretariat of the AIO was set up in that country.
The AIO has over 365 members: 351 of them from 47 countries in Africa and 16 associate members from 8 overseas countries.
President of the Ghana Insurers Association (GIA), Aretha Abena Abrafi Duku who doubles as the Managing Director of Ghana Union Assurance Company Limited (GUA) assumed the Presidency of the AIO during the Conference.
More Business Headlines
- Photos: Patrons get results at 2nd JoyNews Habitat Mini Fair
- A $1.6 billion horror as Ghana investors can’t get their savings
- No 100% assurance to depositors with axed Savings and Loans companies
- Nigerian gov't ordered to pay $9bn to private gas firm
- Full List of licensed Savings and Loans companies as at August 16
- Detailed reasons behind BoG closure of Ideal, Women's Bank, Midland, and 18 others
- Book to compliment Africa's efforts to meet economic, cultural needs to be launched
- GN Savings is not only solvent but would be highly liquid if... - Nduom reacts
- Eric Nipah appointed Receiver for insolvent Savings and Loans companies
- Why GN Savings and Loans Company Ltd was closed down
- StanChart cleans up, donates to Accra Rehabilitation Center
- Luv FM's maiden Corporate Groove Flavour hits Kumasi
- South Africa debt 'becoming uncomfortable', but no bailout requested – IMF
- GN Savings and Loans, 22 others closed down
- AWA, ASKY, Ethiopian Airlines partner to bring seamless travel to Ghanaians