Consolidated Bank Ghana (CBG), as part of activities to mark the launch of its tagline “We Stand With You,” has organised a nationwide health walk on Saturday, July 6, 2019, to promote a healthy lifestyle among its staff.
The walk, which ran concurrently in Accra, Kumasi, Takoradi and Tamale brought out over 1,000 members of staff and Management from across the country.
The Accra Edition commenced from three points – Accra Girls, Labadi and Osu— and ended at the Burma Camp Sports Complex while that of Kumasi, Takoradi and Tamale also commenced in Amakom children’s park, Market Circle branch and Tamale Main respectively.
Daniel Wilson Addo, Managing Director (MD) of CBG said, the walk was aimed at creating awareness on good health among staff and to carry the CBG message across the entire nation.
“Today, we walk together as a brand to promote good health among staff. Here at CBG, we believe in a strong workforce to serve our customers. To be able to offer a simple, secure and differentiated banking solution, we want to ensure that staff are energised, healthy and happy in order to give off their best”, he said.
Congratulating all staff for their participation and energy, the CBG MD mentioned that he is positive and confident of the CBG team in working hard towards the bank's goal to be the most trusted bank.
To all customers, he said, “We are here to serve you with Excellence, Integrity, Innovation and Teamwork. We are growing from strength to strength and we are here to offer you the best banking experience”.
After the walk, participants were engaged in fun activities including aerobics, health talk, volleyball, football, basketball, swimming, dancing competition, and musical chairs.
Sports is known to bring people together and this was no different for CBG, as the event saw the coming together of staff across the nation in great sportsmanship all for the good cause carrying CBG’s message of “We Stand With You”.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Govt, AGI others urged to raise $5b for AfCFTA
- Factory pollution: EPA shuts down one factory, one other still operating
- Nominees for GUBA Awards USA 2019 announced
- Ghana Post GPS, McDan Shipping, Others honoured at Ghana Shippers Awards 2019
- Free Zones Authority holds 2019 investment promotion in China
- New Dubai Chamber website provides key business insights
- IMF places Ghana on Post Program Monitoring as debt reaches over $1bn
- New face of the Bank of England's £50 note is revealed
- Zimbabwe’s inflation hits 175% in June
- U.S. proposes barring big tech firms from offering financial services, digital currencies
- GT Bank named best bank in Africa at Euromoney Awards
- AfCFTA to create investment hub – Ofori-Atta
- Triciabiz launches online business school for African entrepreneurs
- Guinness launches ‘Y3n Nyin Mbom’ promo to boost customers’ profitability
- PZ Cussons launches season 2 of Baby Moments Competition