Ghana made its first appearance Tuesday at the North America's leading energy event, the Global Petroleum Show (GPS) underway in Calgary, Canada.
The three-day event which is expected to attract over 50,000 upstream petroleum professionals provides a platform for Petroleum Commission, Ghana's Upstream Petroleum Regulator to pitch to prospective investors about opportunities that exist in the nation's upstream petroleum industry.
In partnership with the Canada Ghana Chamber of Commerce, the Commission is leading over 20 Ghanaian companies to explore opportunities and secure the right partnerships with their international counterparts.
Led by the CEO of Petroleum Commission, Egbert Faibille Jnr; Head of Gov't Relations at the Ministry of Energy, Patricia Asaam; Western Regional Minister, Kwabena Okyere Darko; Director, Local Content at the Commission, Kwaku Boateng; and with support from Ghana's High Commissioner to Canada, Joseph Ayikoi Otoo; a strong case is being made to participants at the GPS to consider Ghana as the ultimate destination for upstream petroleum activities.
Several investment opportunities such as farm-in, subsea inspection services, supporting government to develop Western Region as an upstream petroleum hub, revamping Tema Shipyard to support the petroleum industry among others have been highlighted at the conference.
Although Canada's industry is currently facing a downturn, the delegation is determined to present Ghana as the preferred destination for Canadian companies seeking to explore alternative regions/areas for their oil and gas activities.
The three-day GPS event which ends on Thursday 13th June 2019 is expected to provide participants with a better outlook of Ghana's upstream petroleum industry.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Over Gh¢600m oil cash unaccounted in 2017, 2018
- Over 1,000 CBG staff storm Accra streets with ‘unique products’
- Barclays Ghana to intensify finance to businesses as it transitions to Absa
- African nations join majority in opposing U.S. blockage at WTO
- Executive Vice President of Golden Star Resources Daniel Owiredu re-assigned
- GPHA management behind serialised protests against MPS deal?
- Trade restrictions close to record levels - WTO
- Esoko to offer data collection software, deployment solution to Liberia
- Kenya signs milestone crude processing deal with oil firms
- We’re not in the business of buying banks – Enterprise Group CEO
- We can’t sit and watch Nigerian retailers break our laws - GUTA
- ADB gives GHȼ100m to support agro-inputs access under PFJ
- Lawrence Agyinsem elected president of Global Network of Export-Import banks
- Impact Investing Ghana launches to catalyze investment for development
- Gov't to deploy 55 mini-grids to communities next year