Voltic Limited as part of activities to mark this year’s International Women’s Day and in collaboration with SIC Life Co Ltd., has organized a workshop for women within Voltic’s Cool Pac Sachet Water value chain in the Western region.
The event which brought together 200 women comprising factory hands, hawkers, retailers, wholesalers and distributors, was on the theme “#Balance for Better” and was to acknowledge these women for their contribution towards reinforcing the Cool Pac quality offering to consumers.
The program provided participants with financial literacy in basic book keeping, effective management of financial assets, developing a savings culture while enrolling them onto a savings/insurance package partially funded by Voltic.
This women empowerment program stemmed from Voltic’s belief that when women are empowered, all of the society benefits and was is in line with Voltic’s sustainability priorities, “the 3Ws” (Women Empowerment; Water Stewardship, and Waste), a three-pronged CSR initiative of Management.
Voltic through its core business model and its 3Ws has for over 20 years transformed the lives of thousands of women and communities.
Today, Voltic continues to grow and sustain small businesses and enhance livelihoods resulting in increased economic value and business capability for women, communities and future generations.
Speaking at the International Women’s Day programme, Joyce Ahiadorme, Public Affairs and Communication Manager of Voltic said, “we aim to drive accelerated gender parity by arming our stakeholders with skills that will keep them financially empowered and stable. Voltic, for this reason, is partially funding a savings/insurance package designed for these participants by SIC Life Co Ltd. In 2018, Voltic through its women empowerment programmes impacted 900 women directly.”
She added, “amongst them, two widows who have been fully set up with a business and today are financially enabled to achieve their dreams.”
Having transformed the sachet water industry with its Cool Pac Sachet Water brand, Voltic is proud to upskill and support local franchises to produce and sell affordable, quality drinking water while improving the livelihoods of many others within the value chain.
Voltic will continue to partner other organizations to find sustainable ways of helping improve the livelihoods of its customers, suppliers and employees while championing its “3Ws” focused on Women empowerment; water stewardship and waste management.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Gov't through FDA rallies supermarkets to promote locally produced goods
- Billionaire banker David Rockefeller dies aged 101
- Accra Mall launches Family Club to reward families
- Google regrets 'minor glitch' that caused cedi to plummet
- Fidelity Bank outdoors digital branch at KNUST
- Cedi depreciation will be credit negative for Ghana banks – Moody’s warns
- Alliance of Young Entrepreneurs pays familiarisation visit to NBSSI
- Airtel Nigeria in talks with NSE for listing on Nigerian Stock Exchange
- $1.3 trillion and 7,000 finance jobs leaving Britain because of Brexit
- Uber to list on New York Stock Exchange' for stock listing
- Africa World Airlines denies ordering aircraft from COMAC
- Gov’t to double exports by end of 2019 – Carlos Ahenkorah
- Big banks are using AI to keep out of trouble
- World Bank Africa Vice President heads to Ghana for 3-day working visit
- Republic Bank, Vodafone Ghana partner on mobile money transactions