In commemoration of International Women’s Day, female staff of FBNBank Ghana Limited were equipped at an engagement session to reach for the top.
The event, which was under the theme think equal, build smart, innovate for change commenced with participants appreciating the achievements of women from various walks of life, setting the tone for the discussion.
Visiting Technology & Services Executive from FirstBank, Rachel Adeshina who facilitated the session mentioned that it was necessary for women to strive and ready themselves to get to the top in their chosen career fields.
However, she added that their inability to do so would militate against their rise on the corporate ladder.
To turn those issues around, Rachel stressed the need for women to plan, prepare and intentionally challenge themselves to advance in their career, have a growth mindset in connection with their jobs, and to constantly be on the lookout for opportunities to innovate.
Participants expressed elation for attending the FBNBank Ghana International Women's Day engagement session and described it as amazing, complete and empowering.
They left with a commitment to strive for the top in their careers and also help nurture dreams and provide support to other women that they have the opportunity to interact with.
The women also pledged to set up a network of female staff at the bank to work towards the new thinking of rebranding themselves while approaching their work-related activities and tasks in a more emboldened way.
The event was attended by Hannah Brenda Amoateng, a Director of FBNBank.
The International Women’s Day focuses on women’s achievements, promotes the untapped potential and opportunities for women and advocates for an end to violence against women.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Ghana gets $185m from IMF after final review of fund programme
- Barclays collaborates with GCX to support farmers, traders on local bourse
- Cabinet approves automobile industrial policy
- IMF board passes Ghana on final review, bringing an end to the Fund’s program
- Grand finale of Ecobank Xpress Account Promo rewards 136 loyal customers
- Recent cedi depreciation 'nothing to do with fundamentals' - Economist
- Cedi depreciation: Too late for political jabs - Information Minister tells Minority
- COCOBOD signs $300m loan to refinance bills, finance programs
- Google regrets cedi-dollar exchange rate glitch - Finance Ministry
- Women farmers urged to explore other sources of income
- Go beyond just recapitalizing insurance sector – Robert Dzato to NIC
- Ghana to end tomato imports, cut rice imports by 50% in 2019
- Suzuki, Toyota and CFAO announce joint venture to produce cars in Ghana
- NPA to commence regulation of bitumen
- Inlaks, Moven Enterprise partner to provide innovative financial solutions