Wife of the Vice President has assured business leaders and private sector operators that the government is committed to improving the economic fortunes of the country.
According to Samira Bawumia , some interventions by the government have begun yielding results to allow businesses to thrive in the country.
The Second Lady was speaking at the 5th-anniversary dinner and awards night of the France Chamber of Commerce in Ghana.
"Since assumption of office, the government implemented all reforms aimed at transforming the economy from one reliant on import and export of primary raw commodities into a robust valued added and export driven one.”
She added “I’m pleased to inform you that these policies have begun yielding results as it reflects in the stabilization of the economy, the revival of business confidence among others. Ghana has seen remarkable progress in recent years across various sectors," she said.
The event saw producers of Supercem cement, CBI emerging as the best company of the year, Ecobank Ghana with the best Digital project and Kasapreko Awake mineral water as the best Corporate Social Responsibility product of the year.
The French Ambassador to Ghana Anne-Sophie Ave noted that in the last two years, the number of French companies in Ghana increased from 40 to 65 with most of them being members of the Chamber, this she alluded to a friendly business environment in the country.
She used the occasion to encourage both French and Ghanaian businesses to strengthen their partnerships to be stronger in their various markets of operations.
"In the last two years, the number of companies from France has risen tremendously. This can improve and we're working with Ghanaian authorities to improve the Business environment to make more French companies come to the country to make us proud."
The event brought together the "crème de la crème" of the Ghanaian and International business communities to wine dine and engage in high-level networking.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Opportunity International drives financial literacy in rural communities
- AirtelTigo partners Huawei to boost smartphone usage with free data
- Africa's no. 1 bank says Lonmin Investors should reject bid
- Entervarsity launches platform to aid students' search on courses
- VIDEO: Review of Ghana’s home ownership, mortgage space
- Court orders arbitration on uniBank
- Stratcomm Africa CEO inspires young Women in PR Ghana
- Facebook plans to launch 'GlobalCoin' currency in 2020
- Unilever Ghana records 296% increase in profits for 2018
- Senegal imports turbines for West Africa's first big wind farm project
- Six oil exploration blocks up for grabs in Voltaian basin
- Stakeholders urge GNPC to be more transparent with crude oil trade
- 200 Muslim households benefit from Karpowership Ramadan donation
- Three Ghanaians complete Inlaks Graduate Development Programme in Lagos
- GOIL grows profits by 26% in 2018