Accra Brewery Limited (ABL), producers of the nourishing true malt beverage, Beta Malt, has launched “Beta Malt Interco”, a partnership with Ghana Education Service (GES) as sponsors of the Inter-Colleges Athletics Competition (Interco).
Interco is a sports festival organized by GES for second cycle schools held at both the regional and national levels. This event brings together thousands of students from over 200 schools to compete over a 3-day period for the opportunity to win personal and school athletichonours.
Speaking at the media launch held at T.I. Ahmadiyya Senior High School in Kumasi, Ms. Ewurafua Addo-Atuah, ABL’s Head of Marketing, mentioned that ABL’s sponsorship of the widely popular event was part of the company’s pursuit to offer brand experiences that play meaningful roles in everyone’s lives.
She noted that Interco shares similar values with Beta Malt, which seeks to motivate and empower Ghanaian youth to pursue their dreams.
“Interco has become a regular sporting experience, and an influential event where students come together across different sporting disciplines to achieve success whilst learning important life skills and overcoming challenges,” Ms. Addo-Atuah stated.
She remarked that “it is our hope that what Accra Brewery has achieved here today marks the beginning of a mutually beneficial relationship between us and GES as ABL continues to invest a Growing World where everyone has the opportunity to improve their livelihood and brings people together for a better world”
On the other hand, Prof. Kwesi Opoku Amankwa, the Director General of the GES, stated that “the partnership between GES and ABL aims at elevating sports which will contribute towards Ghana’s sports development agenda”.
He expressed his sincere gratitude to ABL for investing in this sporting event and urged corporate Ghana to emulate ABL’s commitment and dedication.
Also, Mrs. Portia Offei Asare, Brand Manager-Beta Malt, urged students and young athletes to choose Beta Malt as the ultimate beverage companion as they pursue their dreams.
Further, she mentioned that as part of Beta Malt’s sponsorship, all winners will receive packs of Beta Malt and Beta Malt-branded souvenirs.Overall winners for male and female categories at the National Sports Festival will be awarded tertiary scholarship worth GHS 30,000.
Beta Malt was launched in 2015 in Kumasi and motivates consumers to stay the course with the tagline, The Only Way is Up. It is a nourishing true malt with fortifying vitamins, minerals, and nutrients for a good boost, which makes it a perfect complement in various occasions. Beta Malt is sold in 330ml polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and Returnable Glass bottles (RGB).
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Em Bartels to elevate communication in corporate Ghana with Elocution 101
- NCA to crackdown on counterfeit mobile devices
- Kwidex wins Betway Fintech Challenge
- Ecobank records sterling performance but defers dividends payment
- Karpowership wins Outstanding Independent Powerplant in West Africa award
- Ghana to recruit more banks to market its domestic bonds
- Fiscal laxity may compel Ghana to rely on IMF – EIU
- MTN Nigeria shares jump on second day of trading
- 2019 MTN Internet Festival launched
- Ghana’s economy to grow by 6.5% - not 7.6% - in 2019 – EIU
- EIU projects further widening of fiscal deficit to 4.6% of GDP this year
- SEC’s ‘high-return investments carry high risks’ argument rubbished
- Most Ghanaian businesses do not travel after life of owners – CEO Summit organizer worried
- Cussons Baby Ghana celebrates mothers in Ghana
- Digital agency banking to drive deposits for CalBank