FBNBank Ghana Limited has held a relay walk to commemorate its parent, FirstBank of Nigeria Limited’s 125th anniversary.
Staff of the bank and stakeholders joined in the walk that was staged simultaneously in Aburi and Kumasi as well as in Nigeria and other countries in which the FBN brand operates to achieve a symbolic 125km.
Speaking at the end of the walk in Aburi, Managing Director of FBNBank Ghana Limited, Gbenga Odeyemi said, “as a brand that puts its stakeholders at the heart of its business, the 125km relay walk was to celebrate the brand’s unbroken business operations for 125 years and the bank’s commitment to service excellence.”
He added that the walk was meant to evoke teamwork, partnership and the collective spirit which has shown that together, staff of the bank and the bank’s stakeholders can walk symbolically for 125km together, just as the brand had operated for 125 years.
While congratulating participants for walking, Mr. Odeyemi remarked that the walk afforded the bank’s staff and its stakeholders with an opportunity to embrace and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
The 125km relay walk-in Kumasi was organised with brass band music starting from the Adum branch and ending at the Suame branch. In all, about 300 people participated in the FBNBank Ghana 125km relay walk.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Vodafone talks private sector relevance in SDGs at UN Forum
- Nelson Mandela Day: Barclays, ALU scholars pay courtesy call on SA High Commissioner
- Insurance industry could wield more money than banks – Rev Okosun
- Engage NIC to avoid casualties - CIIG
- Kingdom Exim Ghana, CEO awarded at Ghana Shippers Award 2019
- Enforce laws barring foreigners from retail trade - Majority Leader to agencies
- GTBank, Ria partner Zeepay to launch Ria2Mobile money transfer service
- AirtelTigo mentors 40 young aspiring entrepreneurs
- Alliance Motors launches 2019 Range Rover Evoque
- Mid-year review, Supplementary Budget to be presented July 22
- Ghana, Ivory Coast lift ban on cocoa sales
- GIFEC, GSMA, Vodafone to connect rural communities to internet
- Take Pension Serious – NBC Ghana Trust boss charges Ghanaians
- ABL ends Retailer Development Program
- Aker Energy’s IPO may be in late 2019 or 2020 - CEO