Fast-growing luxury cosmetics supplier in Ghana, SilverQueen, says it would consider training not less than one hundred ladies annually to learn about makeup.
According to the organization, the move is part of efforts to give a facelift to Ghana’s makeup and cosmetics industry and also contribute to job creation.
Managing Director of Silver Queen Cosmetics – the sole distributor of Note Cosmetics from Europe, Marwan Saouda, made this known at an engagement with some makeup artists to showcase some of its new products.
“I will be later engaging just ladies for them to learn about makeup as a free course and to create for them also a job later on,” he said.
Mr Saouda added, “We would have to see our budget and we will consider at least 100 ladies a year.”
The beauty industry is catching on in the country. This can be seen from the interest shown in makeup business in recent times – demand is huge, pushing a lot of young people into makeup training thereby providing a lot of job opportunities for the unemployed and even school graduates. With Ghana’s growing unemployment rate, SilverQueen Cosmetics is seeking to bridge this gap by providing skills to young females interested in the makeup business.
Mr Saouda also noted that Ghana’s cosmetics industry has the potential to grow.
“For this industry, it has gone far and I think it has a big future, as you see there are a lot of women now who are into makeup so the industry itself is getting bigger and bigger,” he said.
The evening engagement on the new Note cosmetics products afforded some makeup artistes hands-on approach on how to apply the products for effective results. The products are made up of different shades of colours.
The SilverQueen MD has however warned makeup artists to watch out for fake cosmetics products on the market.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Zoomlion boss wants Harvard University to help African businesses
- Em Bartels to elevate communication in corporate Ghana with Elocution 101
- NCA to crackdown on counterfeit mobile devices
- Kwidex wins Betway Fintech Challenge
- Ecobank records sterling performance but defers dividends payment
- Karpowership wins Outstanding Independent Powerplant in West Africa award
- Ghana to recruit more banks to market its domestic bonds
- Fiscal laxity may compel Ghana to rely on IMF – EIU
- MTN Nigeria shares jump on second day of trading
- 2019 MTN Internet Festival launched
- Ghana’s economy to grow by 6.5% - not 7.6% - in 2019 – EIU
- EIU projects further widening of fiscal deficit to 4.6% of GDP this year
- SEC’s ‘high-return investments carry high risks’ argument rubbished
- Most Ghanaian businesses do not travel after life of owners – CEO Summit organizer worried
- Cussons Baby Ghana celebrates mothers in Ghana