Ghana’s only total beverage company, Guinness Ghana, has appointed Sylvia Owusu-Ankomah as its new Corporate Relations Director.
She replaces Gabriel Opoku-Asare who was recently appointed as Head of Society by Guinness Ghana’s parent company Diageo.
Ms Owusu-Ankomah joins the Guinness family with 14 years of experience working with multinational organizations in Corporate Affairs, Crisis and Reputation Management, Policy Advocacy and Compliance.
She most recently spearheaded the successful regulatory approvals for Ghana’s first telecommunications merger between Bharti Airtel and Millicom, the parent company of Tigo.
In the merged entity - AirtelTigo, she was appointed to lead on Government and Community Relations.
Prior to that she was a leadership team member responsible for Government and Regulatory Affairs at Tigo and has now carved a niche for herself as an expert in this area.
Ms Owusu-Ankomah previously worked with MTN, (Scancom Ghana Limited) and the Volta River Authority and is currently a Board member of the Ghana Investment for Electronic Communications (GIFEC) and the Ghana Innovations Hub under the Ministry of Communications.
She holds an MBA in Management from the Coventry University - UK and is an alumnus of the University of Ghana. She is currently pursuing an LLB with the University of London.
The Managing Director of Guinness Ghana, Gavin Pike said, “We are really excited to have Sylvia join our team with her wealth of experience and knowledge.
Ms Owusu-Ankomahhas the right mindset to support our ambition to be the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products company in Ghana, which is very critical”.
She will bring her expertise to provide leadership for the company’s public policy, sustainability and corporate communications efforts to help Guinness Ghana achieve its ambitions.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Gov’t gives boost to livestock industry with 'Rearing for Food and Jobs' programme
- Standard Chartered, GCX sign MoU to support farmers
- Premier picks Health Insurance Brand of the Year 2018
- DVLA, Guinness Ghana roll out new drink-drive module
- Access Bank unveils new logo; targets unbanked population through financial technology
- Anglogold engineer calls for training for artisanal miners
- Video: Alhassan Andani makes startling revelation on banking crisis
- Banking crisis: We are out of the woods –Stanbic’s Alhassan Andani
- Why the economy grows but jobs are not – Stanbic MD has answers
- Gold gains to near highest since 2013
- African Engineers converge in Tunis for conference on Food Security
- CBG pays out GH¢2bn to depositors, MFIs from bonds
- 'Solar is cheap, don’t be deterred by upfront cost'
- Consolidated Bank launches ‘We Stand With You’ tagline to affirm brand promise
- Absa named Africa’s Best Investment Bank