The newly upgraded Foton Tunland 4x4 Double Cabin Pick-up with Automatic Transmission has been unveiled by Japan Motors Trading Company Ltd (JMTC), sole distributors of Foton range of vehicles in Ghana.
Touted as the best luxurious pick-up with premium design, technology features and performance, the upgrades focus on new exterior design, higher levels of interior quality and improved driving performance and comfort.
Unveiling the vehicle at a press launch at the JMTC Showroom in Accra, Mr Amine Kabbara, General Manager, Sales and Marketing-JMTC underscored pick-ups as a more dominant segment in Ghana’s automobile industry over the years with about 40% market share.
In a bid to invest in such a huge market, JMTC he recalled, had done several consultations with Foton global to settle on a Pick-up brand that guarantees quality and competitive price to meet such demand.
“After many years of such consultations, Foton was able to honour our call. The Foton Tunland being launched has undergone a facelift with much enhancement on performance and consumption to give value for money,” he disclosed
Mr Amine urged the Pick-up users to embrace the new Foton Tunland 4x4 Double Cabin Pick-up as a trust 4x4 Pick-up brand that offers quality and at the same time affordable price range. JMTC he assured is committed to the provision of quality after-sales service at its branches across the country.
Presenting the pick-up, Mr Abdul Rahaman Osman, Foton-Brand Sales Manager, JMTC stated that as Foton is already a household name in Ghana’s automobile industry, Foton Tunland was introduced 7 years ago with a concept to deliver quality and performance for the Ghanaian market.
Having gone through stages of performance the Tunland has now been enhanced for customers to appreciate the new features. The new Foton Tunland 4x4 Double Cabin pick-up, he explained has undergone a great enhancement in the facelift to appeal to the market.
The mechanical feature includes: The new generation ISF 2.8L engine with max power rating reaches 130/3600kw meeting Euro II emission standard. With newly added Variable Geometric turbocharger (VGT) system and a high-pressure common-rail, it increases the max torque of 360/1800-3000Nm with low-speed scope to improve the transient response ability and upgrade the comfort feel in driving.
The Variable Geometric turbocharger (VGT) system he highlighted is the newly introduced technology that reduces fuel consumption.
Other features, Mr. Osman highlighted include: reverse cameras and parking sensors, side steps, leather seats, keyless entry, central door locking system, new front grill, wheel eyebrow cover, inner bucket liner, dual Airbags, anti-lock brake systems (ABS), electronic brake differential (EBD), eagle eye LED head/fog lights, child locks, screen touch radio, 220mm ground clearance and 265/65 rim 17 tyre size.
More Business Headlines
- Depositors of insolvent S&L companies will receive all their funds- Receiver
- Gov’t does not owe GN Savings and Loans – BoG reacts to viral claim
- S&L cleanup: Payment of depositor’s claims to begin before end of August
- Savings and Loans sector cleanup: BoG approach should have been less destructive
- GRA staff urged to abide by codes of conduct
- Photos: MTN Heroes of Change receive awards
- Photos: Patrons get results at 2nd JoyNews Habitat Mini Fair
- A $1.6 billion horror as Ghana investors can’t get their savings
- No 100% assurance to depositors with axed Savings and Loans companies
- Nigerian gov't ordered to pay $9bn to private gas firm
- Full List of licensed Savings and Loans companies as at August 16
- Detailed reasons behind BoG closure of Ideal, Women's Bank, Midland, and 18 others
- Book to compliment Africa's efforts to meet economic, cultural needs to be launched
- GN Savings is not only solvent but would be highly liquid if... - Nduom reacts
- Eric Nipah appointed Receiver for insolvent Savings and Loans companies