Brown, who joins PHD from her role as CEO of Omnicom Media Group UK, succeeds Mike Cooper, who was recently named Group CEO, Omnicom Media Group APAC and EMEA.
Since joining Omnicom Media Group in 2007, Brown has led OMG UK through a period of consistent growth and expansion. Overseeing a team of 1600 professionals serving more than 270 clients, she has been a key player in every OMG UK milestone over the past decade, including the UK launch of OMG’s newest agency network Hearts & Science; PHD’s emergence as one of the UK’s most awarded and competitive agencies; and the expansion of OMD UK and Manning Gottlieb OMD, which in 2018 won the UK’s largest media review.
“Philippa is a proven leader and a natural fit to lead PHD globally,” says Omnicom Media Group CEO Daryl Simm. “As CEO of OMG UK, she has worked closely with Mike Cooper in the original positioning of PHD as a global network, and has been heavily involved in PHD’s international client successes. She has singular insight into PHD’s culture, the expectations that clients have of the agency, and the ongoing transformation required for success.”
Prior to joining OMG, Brown spent 10 years at IPC Media, rising to board director. Her previous experience also includes stints at full service DMB&B and BBH. She is known across the industry for her skill in building enduring client relationships as well as her commitment to creating a learning culture that attracts and retains talent.
Commenting on her new role, Brown says, “Over the past decade, PHD has become one of the most respected agency networks in the industry. It’s growth, thought leadership and award-winning work is a testament to Mike Cooper’s leadership, and the combined contributions of our many talented people all around the world. My job – working with all the PHD offices and our clients - is to now build on the great success that has already been achieved. “
Brown’s appointment is effective July 1. She will be based in London, reporting to Daryl Simm.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Goil vs Total: which has the happier shareholders?
- IFS blames high policy rate on gov't borrowing
- Santol Energy meets ISO international standards
- SC Keyboard: StanChart launches first social banking solution
- MTN ends 2019 21 Days of Y’ello Care programme
- Rawlings backs Frimpong Boateng's call for use of organic-based fertilisers
- Gov't injects fresh capital into banks as bond-sale plan flops
- AirtelTigo launches special offer for Hajj pilgrims
- FBNBank appoints Victor Yaw Asante as new MD in Ghana
- Gov’t urged to implement fiscal electronic devices to meet revenue targets
- Lufthansa resumes flights to Cairo, British Airways stays grounded
- Work begins on KIA Terminal 3 to fix flooding
- Mid-Year Review to focus on revenue generation
- GCNet bags third consecutive Trade Facilitation Org. of the Year Award
- Samsung Ghana unveils new large capacity 2-door fridge, QLED PR TV