The Kingsway International Christian Centre (KICC) Ghana, part of KICC Worldwide headquartered in the United Kingdom, will build a church at Appolonia City, Ghana’s new city in Greater Accra.
KICC is the first church to take a spot at the fast-growing, 2,325-acre community that includes homes, offices, schools and a light-industrial zone.
“Appolonia City is part of KICC’s long-term plan to take the word of God to both established and developing communities in the country,” said Pastor Andy Yawson, national superintendent of KICC Ghana.
“Being in Appolonia City is, therefore, a great step in this direction, considering the potential size of that community.”
Appolonia City CEO, Bright Owusu-Amofah, noted that Appolonia City is delivering an inclusive city that serves the needs of all, and a place of worship is an important part of every community.
“The vision of Appolonia City is to provide every social amenity you can think of,” Owusu-Amofah said. “Both residents and visitors alike are able to access these amenities any time. We are so pleased to welcome KICC as our neighbour in Appolonia City, and we hope more religious organisations will follow soon.”
Additional amenities at Appolonia City include Eastern Ridge International School (ERIS), which is currently under construction, and parks and open spaces, which will make up more than 30% of Appolonia City.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Don’t introduce new taxes – AGI warns ahead of midyear budget review
- SSNIT recoups GH¢378m from defaulting employers
- Ghana Gas: Akufo-Addo commissions new operational headquarters
- GSE gets new Ag. Managing Director, Ekow Afedzie
- SEC puts 21 investment firms under forensic audit
- Private companies urged to invest more in water for underprivileged
- TOR debt reaches ¢1.85b as of April 30
- Irate traders close shops of foreign retailers at Opera Square again
- Ghana has not failed to secure buyer for 2020/21 beans – COCOBOD denies report
- Report: BoG Governor's MPC briefings and justification for banking reforms
- Goil vs Total: which has the happier shareholders?
- IFS blames high policy rate on gov't borrowing
- Santol Energy meets ISO international standards
- SC Keyboard: StanChart launches first social banking solution
- MTN ends 2019 21 Days of Y’ello Care programme