Telecom operator, AirtelTigo, has teamed up with smartphone maker Samsung to launch the “Life Just Got Lit” smartphone campaign aimed to fulfil the digital aspirations of millions of Ghanaians.
Under the partnership, new and existing customers will get a free AirtelTigo package which includes a new SIM card, minutes to call AirtelTigo lines and data for the purchase of any Samsung phone or tablet in AirtelTigo shops and Samsung partner shops nationwide.
The free data and voice minutes for each customer will vary according to the price of the Samsung phone purchased and will be awarded every month for a whole year.
For instance, for the purchase of a ¢500 phone, a customer will get a 1GB data which does not expire and 1,000 minutes to call AirtelTigo lines free, monthly for the next 12 months.
To enjoy the free data and voice minutes, customers will have to dial *536# to activate the offer for the first month and recharge their lines with ¢2 and above every month.
Commenting on the partnership, the Chief Executive Officer for AirtelTigo, Mitwa Ng’ambi, said, “Entering 2019, we recognize and acknowledge that digitization is a major agenda item for this nation and we are continuously seeking ways in which we can support the acceleration of smartphone adoption in Ghana.
“Our analysis shows that there is still a huge opportunity for growth when it comes to smartphone adoption in the country and we are delighted to partner with Samsung on this drive to get more smartphones into the hands of Ghanaians.”
The Managing Director for Samsung Ghana, Eugene Nahm, said, “As a technology company, Samsung wants to be at the forefront of driving the digitalization of citizens by connecting them to the world.
“This partnership is for today’s Ghanaian as enjoying the ultimate smartphone experience should be for everyone not a select few and that is why we at Samsung have an array of Smartphones - “The Samsung Galaxy”- for every Ghanaian regardless of their pocket.”
“This year marks 10 years of Galaxy, of relentless and meaningful innovations that have shaped and will continue to define the mobile industry and we are proud.
“For us at Samsung, this partnership with AirtelTigo has come at the right time and we are excited to be part of growing Ghanaians digitally through the “Life Just Got Lit” campaign,” he stated.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Insurance industry could wield more money than banks – Rev Okosun
- Engage NIC to avoid casualties - CIIG
- Kingdom Exim Ghana, CEO awarded at Ghana Shippers Award 2019
- Enforce laws barring foreigners from retail trade - Majority Leader to agencies
- GTBank, Ria partner Zeepay to launch Ria2Mobile money transfer service
- AirtelTigo mentors 40 young aspiring entrepreneurs
- Alliance Motors launches 2019 Range Rover Evoque
- Mid-year review, Supplementary Budget to be presented July 22
- Ghana, Ivory Coast lift ban on cocoa sales
- GIFEC, GSMA, Vodafone to connect rural communities to internet
- Take Pension Serious – NBC Ghana Trust boss charges Ghanaians
- ABL ends Retailer Development Program
- Aker Energy’s IPO may be in late 2019 or 2020 - CEO
- StarLife CEO named among Female Trailblazers in African insurance industry
- Eni, UNIDO partner to help reach SDGs with pioneering public-private cooperation