MTN Group has appointed Oyebowale Akideinde as Head of Over the Top (OTT) Music Services.
Akideinde is expected to pilot its newly acquired music streaming entity Simfy Africa.
His appointment, according to the statement released on Wednesday by MTN, “effective 1 February 2019, will enhance the company’s digital music streaming services to its customers across Africa and the Middle East.
“Oyebowale joins MTN from Boomplay Music where he served as the Regional Director for West Africa.
“His career spans over 17 years primarily in consumer goods, e-business, financial, media and digital sectors.
“He has also worked in IT, project management, strategy, product and business development, and marketing.
“He holds an MSc in Business Information Systems from the University of Hertfordshire, a BSc in Computer Science from the University of Lagos and a General Music Studies Specialist certificate from Berklee College of Music.
“Oyebowale has also garnered a number of industry related awards and accolades throughout his career”.
Commenting on Oyebowale’s appointment, MTN Group President and CEO, Rob Shuter, said, “We are very pleased about Oye’s appointment as he brings passion and knowledge of the rich media industry, this will stand him in good stead to support MTN’s expansion of OTT digital services to our customers.”
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- 200 Muslim households benefit from Karpowership Ramadan donation
- Three Ghanaians complete Inlaks Graduate Development Programme in Lagos
- GOIL grows profits by 26% in 2018
- GOIL to invest about $25m in ExxonMobil deal in 5yrs
- Managing Director of GOIL Patrick Akorli to retire in November
- Trade Fair Company defies court order to demolish structures of tenants
- Finance Ministry releases about ¢1bn for microfinance, rural bank cleanup
- UK gov't continues to support cause of West Africa’s Agro-Industry
- Kweku Awotwi promoted to Executive Vice President of Tullow Oil plc
- ABL trains retailers on responsible drinking
- Gov't committed to supporting 'profitable' coffee sector - Deputy Minister
- Ghana seeks investors to mine bauxite to fund infrastructure
- Kasapreko wins ‘Outstanding Alcoholic Beverage Company’ at WABEA
- Monetary Policy Meeting underway: What you need to know
- Nigeria to join Africa Free Trade Zone – Trade Minister