Information reaching JoyNews indicates that at least one census official has been killed and another injured in a road accident on the Zebilla-Saaka stretch of the Bolgatanga-Bawku-Pulmakom road in the Upper East Region.
The two officials of the 2021 Population and Housing Census were said to be on the same motorbike on their way to gather census data when the crash happened.
According to the Ghana News Agency (GNA), the two officers were identified Faisal Issah, a nurse by profession and Gifty Abani, a teacher.
The two are said to have run into a faulty stationary vehicle parked off the road for repairs.
The Regional Statistician of the Ghana Statistical Service, Felix Gelly, said Mr Issah died instantly after the crash while Miss Abani sustained some injuries.
According to Mr Gelly, preliminary investigation revealed that the faulty vehicle had a tyre burst, a reason it was stationed by the roadside.
He, however, said the teacher is currently receiving treatment at the Boko Presbyterian Hospital and may be discharged soon.
- There’s no space for 499 students at Ghana Law School – Akufo-Addo
- We don’t pay our taxes to Aflao Chief – Ablakwa tells Akufo-Addo
- Medikal reportedly arrested for brandishing a gun
- Henry Quartey initially didn’t want to be Greater Accra Regional Minister – Akufo-Addo
- 2 police officers die in high-speed chase; 3 others injured
- Prof Kwadwo Appiagyei-Atua: Intrusion of national security details on campus a violation of academic freedom and democracy
- Ghana would’ve been buried if Covid-19 broke out under NDC’s tenure – Akufo-Addo
- Medikal to appear in court for brandishing gun amid #FreeShattaWale campaign
- Akufo-Addo must apologise to Aflao Chief – Ketu South MP
- World Cup Qualifiers: Ethiopia to host Ghana in Johannesburg
Hearts of Oak arrive in Morocco ahead of Wydad encounter
Womanising, drug abuse cause downfall of many local musicians – Bob Pinodo
Establish legal education reform commission over GSL mass failures – Minority Leader to Akufo-Addo
Ghana’s education must meet dictates of fourth revolution – Minister
Medikal remanded in prison custody for 5 days
Ban on ‘aboboyaa’ on Accra highways to take effect from Nov. 1 – Henry Quartey
Insurance industry stakeholders declare August as blood donation month
Zeroing of Price Stabilisation and Recovery Levies to begin in November – NPA
Education Ministry Audit unit lauded for its good financial management practices
STC struggling to cope with increasing cost of fuel – Nana Akomea
We can build Ghana through industrialisation – Lands Minister
UG SRC elections head into run-off as some candidates drop from race
Lackadaisical attitude of Ghana’s exhibitors at Expo 2021 Dubai blocking investments – Patrons
GTP, B5 Plus support Olympic Committee
Dr Mrs Foriwah Obeng Adjei