Audio By Carbonatix
Chelsea have urged fans travelling to Naples for Wednesday's Champions League game to "exercise extreme caution" after two supporters needed hospital treatment.
The Italian city has a long history of cases of away supporters being targeted by Napoli ultras.
"The club is aware of an incident that took place on Tuesday evening in Naples," a Chelsea statement said.
"Two fans are being treated in hospital, having sustained non-life-threatening injuries. The club would like to remind all supporters to exercise extreme caution whilst in the city and take note of the advice shared ahead of this fixture."
Fans on social media claimed Chelsea supporters had been stabbed, but there has been no official confirmation of how the injuries were caused.
Around 2,500 Chelsea supporters have tickets for the game, with fans urged to meet at designated areas so they can travel to the ground by shuttle bus under police escort.
In travel advice that was issued to fans earlier this month, Chelsea said: "During Uefa competition matches, attacks on away fans have sometimes occurred in Naples."
Supporters have been urged not to walk around the city and to avoid wearing club colours or emblems that identify them as Chelsea fans.
Liam Rosenior's side need a win against Napoli at the Stadio Diego Armando Maradona to go directly into the last-16 stage of the Champions League.
Their hosts - Serie A champions last season - are seeking a win to stay in the competition.
Latest Stories
-
The Great African Divergence: Why the dream of a borderless Africa is a dangerous premature reality
15 minutes -
Association of Banks CEO hails “unpalatable” decision to save COCOBOD from collapse
18 minutes -
New nuclear talks between US and Iran begin in Geneva
30 minutes -
Why “good enough” is destroying Ghana’s fashion manufacturing future
31 minutes -
Gov’t is impoverishing cocoa farmers—Awal Mohammed
38 minutes -
US civil rights leader Jesse Jackson dies aged 84
41 minutes -
Bond market: Turnover declines 42.47% to GH¢2.27bn
46 minutes -
Ghana faces 130 million gallon daily water supply deficit — GWL
47 minutes -
Benjamin Asare ‘not at the level’ of Black Stars – Fmr Kotoko management member
50 minutes -
GFA Prez Kurt Okraku targets AFCON triumph
51 minutes -
GWL MD identifies Kasoa as major hub of illegal water connections
53 minutes -
‘He subjected me to constant, severe, chronic violence’ — Woman breaks 50-year silence on alleged abuse by Pastor father
1 hour -
Illegal connections cost GWL GH₵8.6 Million between August–December 2025
1 hour -
WPL 2025/26: Hasaacas Ladies move to top of Southern Zone as Ampem Darkoa continue lead
2 hours -
Ghana Water Limited needs over GH₵3.5bn to replace ageing pipelines — MD
2 hours
