The chiefs and elders in Bia West District of the Western North Region have appealed to the government for the construction of a Circuit Court for the district and its environs to help to fight criminal activities in the area.
The appeal was made during the President’s visit to Essam-Debiso as part of his two-day tour of the region.
President Akufo-Addo, on Monday, September 6, 2021, at Sehwi Debiso as part of his two-day tour of the Western North Region commissioned a fully furnished magistrate court.
The construction of the magistrate court forms part of the government’s deliberate measures put in place to ensure ease of access to law court, thereby advance the rule of law in the country.
During the commissioning of the complex, the Chief of Sehwi Debiso, Nana Kofi Asomani, on behalf of the chiefs and the people within that enclave appealed to the government to build a circuit court for the district.
The Chief said though they have a magistrate court, some cases are over the powers of the court hence they have to travel about 109 miles journey to Bibiani.
He disclosed that when the project is completed, it will serve five districts including Juaboso, Suaman, Bodi, Bia west, and Bia East. Also, it will ease the stress that police and prosecutors go through in trial cases.
The President in his speech addressed that, the government will consider their request for the construction of a Circuit court to advance the rule of law in the country and to ensure people get easy access to a law court.
- Ashanti NSS boss insults nurse for suggesting a change in prescription
- That is not my style – Ashanti Regional NSS boss apologises for insulting nurses
- Petrol, diesel prices to go down by 10% – IES
- Fire destroys shops at Kantamanto market
- Government still wasteful but imposes austerity on Ghanaians – Joe Jackson
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- ‘Mr and Mrs Adeleke’: Fans gush over photos of Chioma with Davido and her in-laws during 1st public appearance
- Fentuo Tahiru Fentuo: The day Kudus shone, in Jordan’s shadow
- Ex-Black Stars midfielder Sulley Muntari retires, age 38
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Lack of support affecting mental health conditions – MindFreedom Ghana
- Who determines what is critical in this country? – TUC on public sector employment freeze
- 2023 Budget: Today’s debate to focus on Trade, Energy, Communications and Roads
- TUC has never supported government going to the IMF – Joshua Ansah
- Court remands trader for defrauding entrepreneurs
- Manifestivities concert to make big return on December 18
- South African delegation to understudy Ghana’s small-scale mining sector
- Marriages are collapsing due to high cost of living – Dr Ato Forson
- Forget Ashanti Regional NSS boss’ apology; it is hollow – GRNMA
- Equip hospitals in Africa for swift pandemic response – Prof. Christian Drosten
- Kantamanto fire: Interior Minister commiserates with affected traders
- Minority fumes over Ofori-Atta’s absence during debate on 2023 Budget
- Northern Development Forum questions delay in construction of Pwalugu Multipurpose Dam
- Playback: PM Express discuss employment freeze in public sector
- Shut down market operations during fire safety education – Bureau of Public Safety Boss