The police in Half Assini in the Jomoro Municipality of the Western Region have begun investigations into what led to the death of a class two pupil of the Roman Catholic Primary School in Tikobo No 2.
The pupil whose name has been given as Vivian Abahh was found kneeling on the floor, with a rope around her neck and hands tied to a wooden pole.
Some people alleged that the 12 year old committed suicide close to her school.
Confirming the incident to JoyNews, the Assembly member for the area Augustine Marshal Akainyah disagreed with the suggestion that the young girl committed suicide.
Mr Akainyah, who was informed about the incident around 10:30 am on Monday, July 12, said “this is where I suspect foul play, because how could she be kneeling if it was suicide.”
Friends of the 12-year-old said the last time they saw her was when they had all gone to the cafeteria to buy food during a school break.
Meanwhile, her family members are of a firm belief that she was murdered; stating that they have been in touch with her spirit after performing a series of rituals.
According to them, during this period the girl told them that some people rather exsanguinated her and that caused her death.
The body of 12-year-old Vivian Abahh has since been deposited at the Half Assini morgue.
- There’s no space for 499 students at Ghana Law School – Akufo-Addo
- We don’t pay our taxes to Aflao Chief – Ablakwa tells Akufo-Addo
- Medikal reportedly arrested for brandishing a gun
- Henry Quartey initially didn’t want to be Greater Accra Regional Minister – Akufo-Addo
- 2 police officers die in high-speed chase; 3 others injured
- Prof Kwadwo Appiagyei-Atua: Intrusion of national security details on campus a violation of academic freedom and democracy
- Ghana would’ve been buried if Covid-19 broke out under NDC’s tenure – Akufo-Addo
- Medikal to appear in court for brandishing gun amid #FreeShattaWale campaign
- Akufo-Addo must apologise to Aflao Chief – Ketu South MP
- World Cup Qualifiers: Ethiopia to host Ghana in Johannesburg
LiMAP-GH partners four institutions to screen women in Tarkwa for cancer
Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun on movie set
NaaKay of Nkasei Fame re-brands as ‘Afro Yesus’
Accra High Court endorses closure of Obengfo Hospital
Hearts of Oak arrive in Morocco ahead of Wydad encounter
Womanising, drug abuse cause downfall of many local musicians – Bob Pinodo
Establish legal education reform commission over GSL mass failures – Minority Leader to Akufo-Addo
Ghana’s education must meet dictates of fourth revolution – Minister
Medikal remanded in prison custody for 5 days
Ban on ‘aboboyaa’ on Accra highways to take effect from Nov. 1 – Henry Quartey
Insurance industry stakeholders declare August as blood donation month
Zeroing of Price Stabilisation and Recovery Levies to begin in November – NPA
Education Ministry Audit unit lauded for its good financial management practices
STC struggling to cope with increasing cost of fuel – Nana Akomea
We can build Ghana through industrialisation – Lands Minister