Claudio Ranieri has hailed the addition of Daniel Amartey to his squad as he believes the versatility of the Ghana international will be vital for the Foxes as they head into the second half of the Premier League.
Amartey completed a move to the King Power Stadium last week, enhancing the options available at Ranieri’s disposal.
The former Inter Allies defender is adept at playing at center back, right back and central midfield.
Ranieri believes these assets will make Amartey an important addition to his squad
“It’s good to have one player that can permit me to change something during the match,” Ranieri told Leicester’s official website.
“He’s a good player, strong, with good quality, a hard worker and he has our spirit.
“He is a strong man and he can play in a lot of positions. He can play centre-back, right-back, central midfield and right midfield.
“It’s important for me to have another very good young player.”
Amartey’s debut could come next week Tuesday when the Foxes host Liverpool.
Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @JoyFMSports. Our hashtag is #JoySports
- Takoradi woman in latest fake kidnapping jailed 6 years
- What are the 53 phone models that WhatsApp no longer supports?
- Archbishop of Canterbury, others oppose Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill, pledge to engage with Archbishop of Ghana
- Alajo coup plot: You cannot travel to Kenya – Court declines Agordzo’s request
- My employee became my landlord at a point in my career – CEO of Websoft solutions recounts
- Parliament’s debate on Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill and MPs’ vote to be made public
- 5 NDC MPs file motion to probe Akufo-Addo’s use of chartered flights for foreign travels
- Madina MP files contempt charges against police officers involved in Monday’s protest
- #NSMQonJoy: St. Thomas Aquinas SHS makes it to one-eighth stage with 49 points
- It’s not everyone who can be entrepreneur – CEO of Websoft Solutions Limited
Tourism Minister anticipates $2bn to be made from ‘Beyond the Return’ this year
Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill: Homosexuality does not pose a public health threat – Group of 18
Mason sentenced to 18 years for robbing mobile money vendor
Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill: Redirect energy towards protecting children against sexual violence – Group petitions Parliament
Unemployed man gets 14 years for stealing plantain and cassava
A woman pope? Meet the feminists trying to save the Catholic Church
Police gun down 2 robbers, injure 1 in criminal cell raid
LGBTQI+ activities are illegal in 69 UN member states – Report
World Cup Qualifiers: Broos names provisional squad for crucial Zimbabwe and Ghana encounters
15 Assembly members and others granted bail for cursing Regional Minister
Akufo-Addo declares his support for first female vice-chancellor of UG
Livestream: Ashanti Regional NPP holds Delegates’ Conference
Former Kotoko striker Kwame Opoku warns Hearts not to underrate Saoura
Government provides funds to complete first phase of KNUST Teaching Hospital
I want to wear the jersey of Kotoko – Asamoah Gyan hints at possible last dance with ‘childhood’ club