A Chinese company has come under fire for fining “lazy” employees who take more than one toilet break per day.
Anpu Electric Science and Technology, a Chinese corporation based in Dongguan, Guangdong province admitted to enforcing a bizarre once-a-day toilet break policy and fining employees who break it with 20 yuan ($3).
According to notices issued by the company and leaked on social media by disgruntled employees, at least seven staff members were penalized on December 20 and 21.
The rule has sparked outrage online, but company officials explained management’s decision to create the bizarre rule by saying that many employees were lazy and used toilet breaks to smoke and avoid their duties.
- ‘Desperate’ Daniel Ofori engaging in ‘misplaced measures’ – Ecobank on legal tussle with businessman
- Minority sets 5 conditions for approving 2022 Budget
- Police officer harassing woman in a viral video arrested
- Anas Aremeyaw Anas wins 2021 Foreign Journalist Award in the US
- Akufo-Addo has monopolised LX-DIO private jet at US$14,000 per hour from July till date – Okudzeto Ablakwa alleges
- Rejection of 2022 budget: Majority should take the matter to court – Lawyer
- Ken Ofori-Atta did not show good faith – Asiedu Nketia
- Botswana records new COVID-19 variant; urges calm as investigations continue
- Roads Minister cannot revoke road toll without Parliament’s backing – Lawyer
- I was enjoying the display of ignorance by the Mpraeso MP – Asiedu Nketia
‘I am not happy with the scoreline’ – Samuel Boadu
Sanitation Ministry announces 12 communities to benefit from Aqua Africa’s Rural Water Project
StanChart ‘Women in Technology’ cohort 2 launched
Inside Paris: Gary Al-Smith’s 2021 Ballon d’Or preview
King Promise lights up O2 Arena
Ghana’s brightest reggae star, Rocky Dawuni on international stage with another nomination
Selorm Branttie: An open letter to Bawumia
Today’s front pages: Monday, November 29, 2021
I was enjoying the display of ignorance by Mpraeso MP – Asiedu Nketia
Ken Ofori-Atta did not show good faith – Asiedu Nketia
New Land Act will bring sanity in land administration – Asantehene
GHS declares December as month of vaccination
Photos : Accra Hearts of Oak defeats JS Saoura of Algeria
Minority sets 5 conditions for approving 2022 Budget
Fit again Musa Nuhu hopeful of making Black Stars squad for 2021 AFCON