Audio By Carbonatix
The National Security Ministry has urged residents of the Lower Manya Krobo and Yilo Krobo municipalities to cooperate with security agencies and the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) to enable smooth power restoration to affected areas.
According to the Ministry, the Eastern Regional House of Chiefs and other stakeholders had, at a meeting, reached a consensus to foster peace and security and promote socio-economic activities in both municipalities.
The consensus reached included a test on all power transmission lines and installation of prepaid meters.
“It is anticipated that the consensus reached between the said stakeholders would engender peace and security, promote socio-economic activities, and restore normalcy to the Lower Manya Krobo and Yilo Krobo Municipalities.”
“Residents of the Lower Manya Krobo and Yilo Krobo Municipalities are, therefore, urged to cooperate with the security agencies and the Electricity Company of Ghana to ensure law and order as electricity supply is restored to the affected areas.”
The Ministry made this known in a press statement issued on Wednesday, August 17.

Meanwhile, on Tuesday, August 16, engineers assessing the situation said 81 out of a total of 147 substations need fixing.
They revealed that earth cables, fuses and other components had been cut and stolen by unknown persons.
This was according to the Public Relations Officer of ECG Tema Region, Sakyiwaa Mensah.
She disclosed that the stolen parts and components would have to be replaced before power is restored.
“It’s critical to know that quite a number of the F-cables and fuses have been stolen from the transformers,” she told Accra-based Citi FM.
“Some unauthorized persons have also connected some aspects of the transformers on their own. We can not exactly tell when we will fix these technical issues.”
“But until they are fixed, we can not restore the power.”
Background
There have been tensions between the residents and the ECG in recent times over the installation of prepaid meters.
This has led to some unidentified people cutting down electricity poles belonging to the ECG.
Also, unconfirmed reports had suggested that gunshots were fired at workers of ECG who were in the community to disconnect power from the main transformer which was serving a number of illegally connected homes in the area.
As a result, the municipalities have been without power for close to a month.
Latest Stories
-
Haruna Iddrisu takes a subtle jibe at Asiedu Nketia’s ‘Thank You Tour’
10 minutes -
GSA, PTB donate 50 calibrated weighing scales to Techiman traders on World Metrology Day
44 minutes -
US says temporary visa holders should leave to apply for Green Cards
48 minutes -
Asiedu Nketia pledges stronger welfare support for former NDC executives
55 minutes -
NDC parliamentary leadership reshuffle secured 2024 election victory – Asiedua Nketiah
2 hours -
Agbodza visits Adaklu-Helekpe mudslide victims, warns of more danger around mountain
2 hours -
TTAG urge government’s urgent action on recruitment and postings
2 hours -
World Vision Ghana brings joy to Wa West children with mass birthday celebration
3 hours -
NAIMOS arrest one foreign national and 7 Ghanaians in anti-galamsey operation in Ashanti Region
3 hours -
Health Ministry announces mop-up exercise for validation and posting of health professionals
3 hours -
GoldBod wins community backing for responsible mining support program in Ashanti Region
3 hours -
Xenophobic attack: Why announce evacuation without preparation? – Minority caucus questions gov’t
3 hours -
Government failed Ghanaians in South Africa — Minority slams evacuation delay
3 hours -
Heavy downpour leaves Kaneshie, other parts of Accra flooded
3 hours -
Mahama’s STEM push aims to build curious, creative students – Haruna Iddrisu
3 hours