Audio By Carbonatix
A Princess Cruises ship is locked down in a Japanese port, with 3,700 people quarantined on board after it was revealed that an infected passenger flew into Tokyo and spent a few days on the ship.
Medical officials are going room-by-room to check each guests' temperature and medical condition, Japan's health ministry said in a statement.
So far 10 people on the ship, which is sitting in Yokohama Bay, have been confirmed with the coronavirus.
There are still more than 100 samples awaiting test results. There are”¯2,666”¯guests and”¯1,045”¯crew members on board, Princess Cruises said in a statement.
The infected patient: The infected former passenger on the cruise ship is an 80-year-old man from Hong Kong. He went to mainland China for a few hours on January 10, but did not visit healthcare facilities or seafood markets -- meaning he likely contracted the virus from another person.
On January 17, he flew into Tokyo, and began coughing on January 19. He boarded the cruise in Yokohama on January 20. He disembarked the cruise when it stopped in Hong Kong on January 25, and sought medical attention on January 30.
He is currently in a stable condition.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Pink Ladies Cup: Three home-based players named in Black Queens squad
1 second -
GES and NIA step up plans for nationwide registration of children
19 seconds -
Heavy politicisation of cocoa industry has affected sector – Professor Peprah
3 minutes -
PBC MD appeals to COCOBOD to end cocoa payment delays
5 minutes -
Pink Ladies Cup: Six debutants named in Black Queens squad for tournament
13 minutes -
Open letter to Education Minister: Rising student deviance and the urgent need for national parental responsibility framework
23 minutes -
President Mahama to deliver State of the Nation Address on February 27
23 minutes -
Dr Kotia backs Ghana’s move to refer maritime boundary dispute with Togo to International arbitration
26 minutes -
When “substantive ” become a security strategy — Rev Ntim Fordjour’s nameplate doctrine
31 minutes -
No plan to pay cocoa farmers, yet ready to change NIB to BNI—Dr Ekua Amoakoh
33 minutes -
COCOBOD is not your cover story. It will not be your scapegoat
33 minutes -
BOST Energies welcomes Salifu Nat Acheampong as new Deputy Managing Director
40 minutes -
NIB or BNI: Will changing the name solve the problem? Asks Prof. Boadi
44 minutes -
Abidjan to host DRIF 2026 as global talks on digital rights and inclusion open for registration
49 minutes -
CEPI unveils new plan to protect the world from deadly disease outbreaks
53 minutes
