An Accra Circuit Court has granted bail to the tune of GH¢15,000 with two sureties to the suspect who allegedly stole US rapper, Meek Mill’s phone.
The 33-year-old scrap dealer is facing stealing charges and will reappear on February 6, 2023.
The court presided over by Samuel Bright Acquah said the sureties must be public servants as part of the bail conditions.
The accused, Nuhu Sule was arrested on Friday, December 30, 2022, at his hideout in Accra after the victim, Meek Mill, reported his phone had been stolen in Accra on December 29, 2022.
The rapper on December 31 made a U-turn about how his phone got missing.
In a tweet, he claimed he was not sure if the phone was pickpocketed before his performance at last year’s Afro Nation music festival.
“I coulda dropped that phone on a dirt bike I don’t actually know for a fact somebody went in my pocket] I got it back that’s all I needed I don’t need anybody locked up for a phone.., I don t even know what happened to it,” he tweeted.
The phone was recovered by the Police and returned to the rapper on Friday, December 30 who announced the arrest of the suspect, Nuhu Sule.
- Patients in danger as nurses head for NHS in UK – medics
- NDC punches holes into Supreme Court’s full judgement on Gyakye Quayson
- Kwabena Donkor hits back at World Bank Country Director over his claims on PPAs signed under NDC
- Supreme Court’s reasoning for kicking Gyakye Quayson out of Parliament strange – Sammy Gyamfi
- We won’t withhold our approval of Chief Justice nominee – Minority backs Gertrude Torkornoo
- Assin North By-election: Who has the edge – An analysis
- Our decision on Justice Torkonoo will be known after we peruse full judgement on Gyakye Quayson – Agbodza
- Disregard reported increase in HIV cases in Ho – Ghana Health Service
- Ahafo Police begin investigation into mysterious death of NPP polling station chairman
- Chris Hughton calls up Ransford-Yeboah Königsdörffer to replace injured Inaki Williams
- Work as a technocrat, don’t meddle in local politics – John Jinapor tells World Bank Country rep
- Sudan conflict: Army accused of killing Congolese in campus bombing
- JAE5 teams up with Lojay, Libianca for ‘I Wish’
- Denmark has not abandoned Ghana – Ambassador
- Midwife delivers baby in speeding commercial vehicle
- Streaming service to detect and delete ‘deepfake’ AI songs
- Northern Region remains safe, open for oil & gas business – REGSEC assures GNPC
- If you have God, you have everything, you lose God and lose everything –Justice Jones Dotse
- 2023 World Milk Day: Cowbell organises another nutrition assessment program with 37 Military Hospital
- School Feeding Programme: Caterers propose increment of ¢3.50 per child
- World Bank’s claim on PPAs signed under Mahama makes him Ghana’s worst president – Owusu Bempah
- Gold purchasing by PMMC lacks transparency – Dr. Manteaw
- English-born Ghanaian footballer Kwaku Donkor set to sign professional contract with Blackpool
- Ecobank unveils its Single Market Trade Hub promoting intra-African trade
- Absa Bank engages clients on economy