Leader of New Life Kingdom Chapel International, Stephen Akwasi, has been granted a ¢100,000 bail by an Accra Circuit Court.
He has pleaded not guilty to the charge of causing fear and panic.
Mr Akwasi had earlier been remanded for five days after his arrest in connection with Shatta Wale’s hoax shooting.
He is the pastor whose prophecy the dancehall artiste has cited as the reason for his recent fake shooting escapade.
Popularly known as Jesus ‘Ahuofe’, the prophet was seen in a viral video explaining circumstances under which the self-styled Dancehall King would be shot.
Today is 18th October ?? This man said this about Shatta Wale 🙀 pic.twitter.com/xUAw2dffj2— ABOA BANKU😮💨🇬🇭🇳🇬 (TWO TERTY) (@Aboa_Banku1) October 18, 2021
While speaking on the radio show on September 28, the preacher compared the pending catastrophe to that of South African music legend Lucky Dube, who was shot on October 18, 2007.
He was picked up on October 19 by the police at the premises of Accra FM while preparing for an interview on the station’s mid-morning show.
Jesus Ahuofe is expected to reappear on October 29, 2021.
He has been ordered to report to the police every Monday and Thursday.
Meanwhile, Shatta Wale is serving his one-week remand in prison custody.
The controversial artiste pleaded not guilty to publishing false news at a court hearing on October 21.
On October 19, the artiste turned himself in after the police declared him wanted.
He allegedly fabricated a story that he had been shot and receiving treatment.
Two of his accomplices were charged with abetment of crime.
- Commuters stranded as commercial drivers embark on indefinite strike today
- Ashiaman ‘trotro’ drivers and their conductors turn bus station into football ground
- Acting Speaker can’t form a quorum or vote – Prof Abotsi
- Photos: Commuters stranded as ‘trotro’ drivers strike to protest fuel prices
- Playback: Finance Minister, Ken Ofori-Atta addresses nation
- Akufo-Addo temporarily bans Ministers, deputies from international travel
- Social media reacts to nationwide strike by commercial drivers
- Commercial Drivers Strike: Aayalolo deploys 110 buses to mitigate effect
- Uber, Bolt and Yango prices shoot up as commercial transport operators embark on strike
- As it happened: Commercial drivers embarked on strike action; commuters left stranded
E-levy remains 1.75%; Minority still being consulted – Ofori-Atta
No agreement reached with Minority Caucus on E-levy – Finance Minister
Ewurah Gold releases new gospel song dubbed ‘Bu aten’
‘I’ve written to the Speaker with modifications to the 2022 Budget’ – Ken Ofori-Atta
Full text: Ken Ofori-Atta announces amendments to 2022 budget
Set standard tariff regime – Premier Health CEO appeals to NHIA
Industry players laud Joy Entertainment for MUSIGA presidential debate
Commercial drivers strike: 6 drivers arrested in Northern region for obstructing traffic
Ghana’s weak exchange rate has exposed Bawumia – Duffuor
Trotro strike: Trader displays commentary talent at Ashaiman drivers’ match
Peace Council is becoming a political institution – Rockson-Nelson Dafeamekpor
Commissioner of Insurance, Dr Justice Ofori adjudged CEO of the Year
Agric Ministry to compensate Ejisu pig farmers for stocks lost
Covid-19: GHS records 8 more deaths
From Eric’s Diary: How an empty boast can cause financial loss to the state, the case of road toll ‘abolishment’