A Koforidua Circuit court has remanded four Chinese arrested in Eastern Region by the National Security for allegedly stealing large quantities of electricity cables.
The suspects; Liu Lianwei, 38, Su Meng, 55, Tuan Xiuwei, 41, and Zhang Chenming, 55 have been charged with stealing.
They were arraigned before the court presided over by Her Honour, Mercy Addai Kotei. The police who are prosecuting the case pleaded with the court for more time to conduct further investigations.
The suspects will reappear on July 23, 2021.
National Security Operatives from the Eastern region on Thursday, July 8, 2021, arrested the accused persons at CK Aluminum Company Limited at Nsawam Adoagyiri.
This was after they had intelligence that the suspects had allegedly stolen and were about to smuggle 30 bundles of electricity cables and some quantities of unbundled cables with the seal of the Ministry of Energy to an unknown destination.
The truck was impounded, and the suspects arrested and taken to the Eastern Regional Police Headquarters.
The stolen items were offloaded at the forecourt of the Police Headquarters under the supervision of the National Security and Police on Thursday evening at about 7:30 pm.
The Public Relations Officer of the Eastern Regional Police Command, DSP Ebenezer Tetteh said investigation was still being conducted.
- ‘I called my wife to bid her farewell when my vehicle was swept away’ – Flood survivor
- 2 police officers die in high-speed chase; 3 others injured
- Medikal remanded in prison custody for 5 days
- Ban on ‘aboboyaa’ on Accra highways to take effect from Nov. 1 – Henry Quartey
- ACP Agordzo’s fight to revoke his interdiction as police officer suffers another court adjournment
- Medikal to appear in court for brandishing gun amid #FreeShattaWale campaign
- Bishop Agyinasare cautions against military takeovers in spite of hardship
- Photos: Medikal’s day in court
- ‘Side-chicks’ are ‘helpers’ who spice up marriages, I demanded my husband gets one – Joy FM Listener
- John Boadu blames current employment challenges on NDC, Sammy Gyamfi disagrees
Celebrated classical conductor, Bernard Haitink dies at 92
Adele returns to UK number one with huge figures for Easy On Me
Trafficked to Europe for sex: A survivor’s escape story
Ejisuman SHS teachers demonstrate against traditional rulers over sale of school lands
This is how cheating starts
Minority demands apology from Akufo-Addo over comment on abandoned Aflao E-block
Ghana’s Covid-19 death toll now 1,169
Girls at Agbekpui Basic School educated on breast cancer
One of the 3 police officers involved in Walewale-Bolga Highway accident still in critical condition
Media and Information Literacy week launched
Lawyers reject compensation packages for victims of Ayawaso West Wuogon bye-election
Statistical officers of local government urged to invest in personal training
We like the work fans are doing – Robert Addo ahead of WAC clash
I believe in us, we believe in ourselves – Mohammed Alhassan ahead of WAC clash
Partey scores first Arsenal goal in victory over Aston Villa