A 55-year-old Covid-19 patient at the Effia Nkwanta Regional Hospital in the Western Region has died while attempting to escape from the treatment centre.
The deceased, Paulus Okine was referred to the Covid-19 management center from the hospital’s Accident and Emergency Department on Wednesday, August 18.
Narrating the incident, the Hospital’s Deputy Director of Nursing Services of the hospital, Justina Amo Yartey told Adom News’ Lord Tawiah that the security personnel at the treatment centre spotted the patient leaving his ward on Thursday morning.
However, when he inquired why he [the deceased] was leaving, Mr Okine reportedly threatened to harm the security man should he try to prevent him.
But moments after the encounter, the patient was found lying in a prone position near the nurse’s quarters in the area.
After clinicians conducted their tests, they confirmed the patient dead.
Madam Amo Yartey further indicated that the case has been reported to the Sekondi District Police Command.
Meanwhile, the body has since been deposited at the mortuary.
- Akufo-Addo was apt, Aflao chief is not supposed to give Ministers of State ultimatums – Okoe Boye
- ‘Go and sin no more’ – Court cautions evangelist for fingering, fondling woman
- Arrogance of power has taken over Akufo-Addo – Sammy Gyamfi
- We already knew that Komenda was an emotional project – Kofi Bentil
- Ghanaians would have paid more for sugar even with Komenda Sugar Factory – Kofi Bentil
- Adom TV’s ‘Big Talent Show’ gave me hope after I was wrongfully jailed for 5 years – Contestant
- Ex-cop killed relatives and boyfriend for insurance cash
- It is possible Radio Gold, others may not transmit from their original frequencies – NCA
- 38 persons arrested for alleged assault on police officers
- NIA to suspend services at all 34 registration centres from Oct. 25
Samson’s Take: Let’s support the police
Assistant police chief claims she was told to get abortion to keep her job
Why Kenyan churches are banning politicians from pulpits
Breast cancer is not a spiritual disease – Dr Ackon
Video of unknown driver driving dangerously in Accra goes viral
Winning the Super Cup will motivate us for Premier League promotion – Skyy FC coach
DOL Super Cup: Skyy FC edge out Tema Youth in epic shoot to claim maiden title
Ibrahimovic scores at both ends as Milan edge nine-man Bologna
Guardiola believes Foden can get better after his brace against Brighton
80% of widows who turned out for Tamale screening diagnosed with hypertension
KNUST JHS wins maiden edition of Nhyira FM Akan Akansie
Ejisuman SHS embarks on Peace Walk over encroachment of school lands
It’s time to legislate on funding, executing of projects – Kofi Bentil
NIA to suspend services at all 34 registration centres from Oct. 25
KBTH releases detained breast cancer patients after NDC Deputy Women’s Organiser settles medical bills