Audio By Carbonatix
R&B singer Deborah Cox has landed safely in Washington, USA after suffering a mishap in a South African Airways (SAA) flight on Monday.
The songstress along with other passengers headed for the United States of America had an emergency landing after fire was detected in the cockpit.
The award-winning songstress was in Ghana for the first-ever Ghana Music World Festival.
In an interview with Joy News, she explained fifteen minutes into the flight, she and others heard the pilot shout “smoke in the cockpit” and called for the landing.
“The flight had already been delayed. They then told us that there was damage done to the door and they needed to investigate. The pilot after an hour told everybody that they were going to go ahead and fly, fifteen minutes into the flight the chaos started,” she stated.
Deborah Cox told Joy News’ Emefa Dzradosi that her problem was after all the passengers had been through, the airline still failed to communicate anything to them.
“This is a real low note for me after ending the music festival on such high note,” she bemoaned
Another passenger onboard stated that although he was scared for his life he felt the pilot knew what he was doing and could land them safely.
He, however, said that he was waiting for a mail or text message from the airline to explain the mishap.
After getting to the US, the singer tweeted that apart from the emergency landing she enjoyed herself at the Ghana World Music Festival.
Watch the interview below:
Latest Stories
-
Fifi Kwetey slams opponents of directive on dual roles as ‘greedy’ and ‘mercenaries’
7 minutes -
Analyst condemns victim-shaming in Russian exploitation saga
7 minutes -
Ghana’s Blue Economy in 2026: Taking actions now, leveraging blue resources for sustainable growth
22 minutes -
I was once a ‘Bob no rank’; Everybody will have their turn — Afenyo to TESCON members
29 minutes -
Tony Aidoo urges NDC to focus on policy communication, not personal praise for Mahama
35 minutes -
Akuafoɔ Anidasoɔ: A new dawn for Ghana’s farmers
45 minutes -
NTC announces eligibility criteria and registration details for 2026 GTLE 1
1 hour -
No public land to be allocated without minister’s prior approval – Armah-Buah announces sweeping reforms to protect state lands
1 hour -
Ashanti Regional Minister inaugurates spatial planning committees, unveils plan to restore Kumasi’s green glory
2 hours -
St Thomas Aquinas SHS hit by infrastructure deficit; appeals for key facilities
2 hours -
Minority alleges gov’t plot to divert attention from cocoa price cut debate
2 hours -
Democracy Hub files court injunction to stop Ayawaso East by-election over vote-buying in NDC primary
2 hours -
Afrimaas urges media to defend industry at World Radio Day summit
2 hours -
Bawumia condemns killing of Ghanaian traders in Burkina Faso terror attack
2 hours -
South African trio charged with Bolt driver’s murder filmed on dashcam
2 hours
