Central Regional Minister, Justina Marigold Assan has applauded the Effutu Assembly for exhibiting a high sense of patriotism by overwhelmingly endorsing the President’s nominee for the Municipal Chief Executive (MCE) position.
Alhaji Zubeiru Kasim, a businessman, had all the 25 Assembly members, including eight Government Appointees, endorsing his nomination at Winneba during a special meeting.
The election was conducted by officials of the Electoral Commission, led by Ms Emelia Akotia, the Municipal Director.
The Winneba District Magistrate administered the Oath of Office, Alliance, and Secrecy, witnessed by the Central Regional Executives of the New Patriotic Party, led by Mr Robert Kutin Junior.
Mrs Assan urged the newly elected MCE to practice transparent and open door administration, be a good listener and work with the Assembly members, heads of decentralised departments, institutions, and security agencies to enhance development.
Captain Retired Ayie Acquah, the Presiding Member, asked the Assembly members to let the development of the area be their priority.
Alhaji Kasim, in his acceptance speech, thanked the President for the confidence reposed in him to see to the growth and wellbeing of Effutu and commended Mr Alexander Afenyo Markin, the Member of Parliament and Second Deputy Majority Leader, for his support.
He pledged his commitment to the development of Effutuman and said his doors were opened for fruitful advice and contributions for the wellbeing of the area.
John B. Ninson, the immediate past MCE of the area, expressed appreciation to the Assembly members for their support during his tenure and promised to assist the new one to succeed.
- Police arrest man driving dangerously in viral video
- Reckless driver in viral video to appear in court today
- Colombia’s most wanted drug lord Otoniel captured
- Iranian governor slapped in the face during public speech
- NCA backtracks on Radio Gold, others not having their original frequencies
- Assistant police chief claims she was told to get abortion to keep her job
- I love security issues – Henry Quartey on why he didn’t want to be Greater Accra Regional Minister
- CAF Champions League: Hearts of Oak drop to Confederations Cup after being thrashed by Wydad
- CAF Champions League: Hearts of Oak poised to make history ahead of second leg against Wydad
- Agric Minister stopped my bid to introduce fertiliser manufacturing plant – Entrepreneur
It’s an exciting time to be an entrepreneur if you’re discipline, commitment – UMB MD
Signs of Sudan’s coup build-up have been clear
Top 10 non-traditional exports up 15% to $273m in quarter 2 2021
John Boadu: NPP tribute in memory of Hajia Mariama Bawumia
Auditor-General uncovers ¢44m worth of abandoned projects, completed projects not put to use across
Coup reports ‘major blow’ to Sudan transition – Human Rights Watch
CBOD calls on government to fix deplorable road network in petroleum management and storage area in Tema
World Bank outlines comprehensive debt solutions for countries with high debt
Akufo-Addo to launch alternative employment and livelihood programme today
Pastor whose prophecy triggered Shatta Wale’s hoax shooting to reappear in court today
Trafficked to Europe for sex: A survivor’s escape story
Mohamed Salah breaks Premier League goals record for Africa
Farmers in Ghana ready to grow genetically modified cowpea
Sudan’s civilian leaders arrested amid coup reports
Oyibi, Apollonia, Awoshie and other areas to experience power interruption