Audio By Carbonatix
Elon Musk has said he has received permission to build an underground east coast "hyperloop" that will connect New York and Washington DC in just 29 minutes.
Mr Musk, best known for his electric car company and for his space venture Space X, said he had received verbal permission for his infrastructure and tunnelling firm, the Boring Company, to build a subterranean transportation system.
Mr Musk, who has previously made claims that many have considered wild, did not say who he had received permission from, or the nature of the “verbal agreement”.
Just received verbal govt approval for The Boring Company to build an underground NY-Phil-Balt-DC Hyperloop. NY-DC in 29 mins.
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) July 20, 2017
“City centre to city centre in each case, with up to a dozen or more entry/exit elevators in each city.”
Earlier this month Mr Musk announced the Boring Company’s Godot machine has begun its digging operation in the car park of the SpaceX building in LA.
Mr Musk first proposed the electromagnetic tube system in 2013. Earlier this year the California tech company Hyperloop One unveiled a plan for a NY-to-DC system.
Many people on social media asked Mr Musk who had given him permission for the project but he refused to answer.
Latest Stories
-
Heavy politicisation of cocoa industry has affected sector – Professor Peprah
2 minutes -
PBC MD appeals to COCOBOD to end cocoa payment delays
3 minutes -
Pink Ladies Cup: Six debutants named in Black Queens squad for tournament
11 minutes -
Open letter to Education Minister: Rising student deviance and the urgent need for national parental responsibility framework
21 minutes -
President Mahama to deliver State of the Nation Address on February 27
21 minutes -
Dr Kotia backs Ghana’s move to refer maritime boundary dispute with Togo to International arbitration
24 minutes -
When “substantive ” become a security strategy — Rev Ntim Fordjour’s nameplate doctrine
29 minutes -
No plan to pay cocoa farmers, yet ready to change NIB to BNI—Dr Ekua Amoakoh
31 minutes -
COCOBOD is not your cover story. It will not be your scapegoat
31 minutes -
BOST Energies welcomes Salifu Nat Acheampong as new Deputy Managing Director
38 minutes -
NIB or BNI: Will changing the name solve the problem? Asks Prof. Boadi
43 minutes -
Abidjan to host DRIF 2026 as global talks on digital rights and inclusion open for registration
47 minutes -
CEPI unveils new plan to protect the world from deadly disease outbreaks
51 minutes -
NVI survey aims to build trust in local vaccines across Ghana
57 minutes -
Kofi Asmah Writes: From seedlings to strategy: Can Ghana process 50%?
1 hour
