The Minister of Energy, Dr Matthew Opoku Prempeh, has charged management of the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG), to include cyber security task force in its revenue protection measures.
He believes the issue of cyber security must be considered seriously in the quest to reduce revenue leakage through the use of technology.
The Minister made the call when he inaugurated the revenue protection task force set up by ECG to track revenue losses that occur through transmission losses.
“I understand that people have moved on from physical alteration of meters and power lines to involve cyber-attacks in your software for payments and some are not paying as much as they are billed.”
“Therefore this physical revenue taskforce is not enough. we need a cyber-security aspect to complement your efforts in blocking the leakages” he noted.
The use of technology has become the new phenomenon for effective delivery in the power sector especially due to the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic.
According to, Dr. Opoku Prempeh, people who consume illegal power also do so through technological means and therefore there is the need for ECG to act quickly.
He therefore called for stiffer punishment for persons who use power illegally in the country.
- Father files $1m lawsuit after teacher cuts child’s hair
- Veteran actor ‘Kohwe’ passes on
- 11 SHSs put under surveillance on suspicion of exam malpractice – WAEC
- Guinea coup: ECOWAS gives military rulers 6 months to return country to constitutional order
- Brussels to name street after murdered sex worker Eunice Osayande
- Guinea coup: ECOWAS’ ultimatum for return to democratic rule not feasible – Col Festus Aboagye
- Hearts of Oak unveil new kits for 2021/22 season
- Sex workers at Sunyani arrested for allegedly beating a client to death
- Most professionals have reached out to pay their taxes after President’s call – GRA
- My wife paid for our wedding expenses and I cherish her for that – Joy FM listener
Strange crocodile invades Chiraa cemetery, residents living in fear
2nd Mini Clinic of 2021 Ecobank JoyNews Habitat Fair comes off at West Hills Mall tomorrow
NPP asks supporters to accept incoming MMDCEs list
Understanding polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
Obaapanin Esther Basoah aka Adwoa Fordjour/Birago
Minority Leader moves for dissolution of regional collation centres ahead of election 2024
I deserve 3Music awards but I’ll get rid of them – Shatta Wale
High-speed internet via airborne beams of light
Three-member committee submits report on new Black Stars coach to GFA
27-year-old arrested for alleged murder
Manchester City: Pep Guardiola will not apologise for asking more fans to attend Southampton game
Korle-Bu open doors for patients to share experience on World Patient Safety Day
Nicki Minaj’s Covid-19 vaccine ‘swollen testicles’ claim is false, says Trinidad Health Minister
Livestream: First episode of Joy Entertainment’s ‘Moment with Joy’ features Emefa Adeti
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a risk factor for depression in women – Gynaecologist