The Minister of Energy, Dr Matthew Opoku Prempeh, has charged management of the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG), to include cyber security task force in its revenue protection measures.
He believes the issue of cyber security must be considered seriously in the quest to reduce revenue leakage through the use of technology.
The Minister made the call when he inaugurated the revenue protection task force set up by ECG to track revenue losses that occur through transmission losses.
“I understand that people have moved on from physical alteration of meters and power lines to involve cyber-attacks in your software for payments and some are not paying as much as they are billed.”
“Therefore this physical revenue taskforce is not enough. we need a cyber-security aspect to complement your efforts in blocking the leakages” he noted.
The use of technology has become the new phenomenon for effective delivery in the power sector especially due to the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic.
According to, Dr. Opoku Prempeh, people who consume illegal power also do so through technological means and therefore there is the need for ECG to act quickly.
He therefore called for stiffer punishment for persons who use power illegally in the country.
- Inclusion of Alassane Ouattara in delegation to Guinea an insult to coup leaders – Col Festus Aboagye
- Accident on Accra-Nsawam highway blocks section of the road
- Concerned Youth of Odododiodoo protests alleged removal of Mohammed Adjei Sowah as Accra Mayor
- Guinea coup: Military has done its job and should leave the scene – Prof. Appiagyei-Atua
- Guinea coup: ECOWAS has come in late – Prof. Appiagyei-Atua
- Military junta rejects ECOWAS’ demand to let Conde leave Guinea
- Land Minister hands over seized rosewood to trustees of National Cathedral
- GIFEC funded ICT Lab commissioned in Western North region
- WASSCE 2021: Physics and Business Management papers scheduled for October 1 and 7 respectively – WAEC
- Baba Yara Sports Stadium ready for use – Sports Minister
Government urged to pay attention to Bamboo and its economic benefits
Photos : Second JoyNews-Ecobank Habitat Fair Mini Clinic opens at West Hills Mall
MMDCEs Appointment: ‘I denounce any form of disturbance in my name’ – Adjei Sowah on youth protests
Hohoe MCE presents 270 dual desks to Education Directorate
Covid-19: Ghana’s death toll now 1,118
GRA should actively track down lawyers in firms that don’t pay taxes – Frank Davies
Black Stars’ current state due to lack of planning, not CK Akonnor – Former Kotoko Express columnist
African countries have caricatured democracy – Law Professor
Military junta rejects ECOWAS’ demand to let Conde leave Guinea
WASSCE 2021: Physics and Business Management papers scheduled for October 1 and 7 respectively – WAEC
Guineans will be fed up with military rule in less than 6 months – Prof. Aning
Concerned Youth of Odododiodoo protests alleged removal of Mohammed Adjei Sowah as Accra Mayor
Guinea coup: Military has done its job and should leave the scene – Prof. Appiagyei-Atua
Guinea coup: ECOWAS has come in late – Prof. Appiagyei-Atua
Final funeral rites of Bawumia’s mother scheduled for October 24