He has kept Accra awake at night, hooked on to the Late Night Express, now he’s gonna drive the capital home after work on Joy FM’s Drive Time.
Lexis Bill has stepped up to the plate as new host of the 2012 CIMG Radio Programme of the Year and stepped into the shoes of an icon, a colossus, a game changer, Bola Ray.
It’s his big break. But a string of valuable experience and some time in the wilderness means Lexis is prepared.
Hail your new Ceasar. Kwame Sakyiamah aka Lexis Bill.
Lexis Bill has worked on four radio platforms – KNUST campus’ Focus FM, Kumasi-based Kapital Radio, Radio Xtacy and lately joined the Multimedia family in 2010 as host of Hitz FM’s Morning Show - Day Break Hitz.
A talent was finally in. Ask his listeners in Kumasi. Ask his colleagues at KNUST.
Lexis is wired with nerves, arteries and brain cells that can spot the right song like a shark can smell a drop of blood miles away in the ocean. And he can touch the right spot in your heart, trigger the right nostalgia for your love life with just a tap on the console.
In the darkness of the night, he has put the broken heartened gently to sleep and God knows the kind of relationships he may have repaired through his songs and his discussions on love.
Accra, we have an unpaid Doctor of Love and Life on our hands and Joy FM intends to fully use it for your benefit.
"I see greatness in Kwame Sakyiamah aka Lexis Bill, I know he can do it and that is what life is about,“ Bola Ray testified.
Bola would know more about him just as much as Doren Andoh of Joy FM’s Cosmopolitan Mix, because Lexis often sits in for them both anytime he has to.
One of the often taken-for-granted attribute of Multimedia is the company’s ability to renew itself, brace a storm in planning a succession for its presenters and radio hosts.
Like a sublime Messi pass, it looks easy on the eye. But that’s because Multimedia Group Limited has honed in a sublime management skill.
Lexis Bill walked in in 2010. But even in 2014, a talent often walks in, goes through the Multimedia mill until a call comes up, somebody steps up and then….
“ Aaaaah we said it. That host was always gonna be great”, - a usual compliment from Joy FM’s loyal listeners.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Amakye Dede @ 45: Kumasi concert to feature Sarkodie, Ofori Amponsah, Lilwin
- You’ve become a slave to weed – Dada Hafco tells Yaa Pono
- Video: Criss Waddle can afford to buy me a car – Yvonne Okoro reacts to rumours
- Video: If we break up, I’ll be better than you left me - Yvonne Okoro
- Obour teams up with Obogu Traditional Council to spread joy
- Huawei confirms termination of contract with Teacher Kwadwo
- Video: My dad’s death inspired me to be a nurse – Wendy Shay reveals
- Video: There’s nothing like a ‘dumb’ question – Wendy Shay apologises
- God is my best friend – Wendy Shay
- Video: Sakawa victim wasn’t talking about me – Medikal reacts to fraud claims
- Video: I created 4x4, I will bring them back – Bright of Buk Bak
- Video: I didn’t save Fella Makafui’s name as ‘Carpenter’ – Medikal replies Sister Derby
- I never dated Kojo Antwi – Nana Yaa clears the air
- Is 'Dumsor' back? - Yvonne Nelson asks
- Catherine Afeku wins ‘Most Active Tourism Minister’ award